Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cant figure out port forwarding. Now having issues with Sat not connecting internet.

DasRedBeard
Aspirant

Cant figure out port forwarding. Now having issues with Sat not connecting internet.

Heres the layout. One Comcast modem (TG1682G) that my parents computer is wired too on the first floow . I Have the router connected to the modem. The satellite is on the second floor in my room with my computer and xbox one connected to it vie ethernet. Everything was fine untill tonight. I was trying to figure out how to forward ports to fix the NAT types for a game. I chaged the IP on the sat in the orbilogin screen and then everything went to **bleep**. I can connect to the router I'm guessing with my phone but so far my xbox nor my pc get internet. I think I screwed up the Sat. I used the reset button on both and I'm just in a really frustrated position right now. Now the router is just constantly glowing white. STILL haven't figured out the portforward issue. Do I need to forward ports on the comcast modem and the orbi router? The only virus programs are on the parents computer, Eset. I have nothing on mine. windows firewall is diasabled on both computers. Still have a moderate nat type on my pc and a strict nat type on my xbox that are both on the Satellite. Not like it matters right now since they cant get internet anyway.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
st_shaw
Master

Re: Cant figure out port forwarding. Now having issues with Sat not connecting internet.

If you reset the units, you will need to go through the setup process again.  It's possible the login information revereted to the default also.

If your comcast modem is a router and your Orbi is in router mode--then you will need to forward ports on both. (You should instead use AP mode on the Orbi.)

If your comcast modem is a router and your Orbi is in AP mode--then you will need to forward ports on the Comcast.

If your comcast modem is not a router and your Orbis is in router mode, then you will need to forward ports on the Orbi.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7