Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant set hard coded DNS on RBR50

Alboski
Follower

Cant set hard coded DNS on RBR50

With recent firmware update I can no longer set a DNS address from setup\internet setup\Domain Name Server (DNS) Address. 

I have a appliance that I use to handle DNS on my local network. It currently seems that I can only set this address if I also set my IP from my ISP. I need this to work indepedantly of each other.

Has this been changed because of the new subscription security service that Netgear is offering?

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cant set hard coded DNS on RBR50

If they are enabled then maybe security features are disabling custome DNS. I would factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch. This time, dont' enabled any security features. Go in and see if you can set custom DNS.

@Alboski wrote:

With recent firmware update I can no longer set a DNS address from setup\internet setup\Domain Name Server (DNS) Address. 

I have a appliance that I use to handle DNS on my local network. It currently seems that I can only set this address if I also set my IP from my ISP. I need this to work indepedantly of each other.

Has this been changed because of the new subscription security service that Netgear is offering?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7