Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Change connection on Iphone to 2.4GHz in Orby app

Hrannarm
Initiate

Change connection on Iphone to 2.4GHz in Orby app

Hi. I am trying to connect my security cameras to my iPhone and it says I need to have my phone on 2.4GHz, how can i switch to 2.4GHz in my mobile orby app??
Message 1 of 7

Re: Change connection on Iphone to 2.4GHz in Orby app

Here is one of many messages that you will find if you Search - NETGEAR Communities – IoT (it stands for internet of things):
Solved: Re: Orbi and FEIT 2.4GHz IoT wi-fi bulbs - NETGEAR Communities
Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this as well from a PC and web browser:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/orbi-20-cannot-connect-Swann-Camera/m-p/1822475/highlight/true...

@Hrannarm wrote:
Hi. I am trying to connect my security cameras to my iPhone and it says I need to have my phone on 2.4GHz, how can i switch to 2.4GHz in my mobile orby app??

Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@Hrannarm wrote:

It would help if you specify the model of camera.  In my (limited) experience, a lot of cameras have their "app" display a smart code and the camera is pointed at the smart code to login.

Also, just a "technicality", but the immediate goal is to connect the camera to WiFi, correct?  Later, the iPhone can connect to the camera, either from at home or from elsewhere?

Message 4 of 7
Hrannarm
Initiate

They have there own app, denali I think it is and they say that I can only add the camera on 2.4Ghz
Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Once you disable the 5Ghz SSID broadcast, save and apply. Do a "Forget this Network" on your phone or pad. Disable the wifi radio on the phone or pad, then re-enable it, then reconnect to the Orbi WiFi. The phone or pad should be now connected to the 2.4Ghz frequency. 

Message 6 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@Hrannarm wrote:
They have there own app, denali I think it is and they say that I can only add the camera on 2.4Ghz

The box that now has "Freyjubrunnur1..."  What was there before?

So, what happened when you just put in the Orbi WiFi name and password and click on "Done"?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7