Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Change validation email for Orbi app

Scrubrnfam
Aspirant

Change validation email for Orbi app

Hello everyone!
I have changed email addresses and updated my new email on my Netgear but, unfortunately when I try to login to my Orbi app, my old email continues to appear for the validation process. I’ve tried to choose my phone number as validation but, unfortunately it doesn’t work. Does anyone have any ideas how to change the validation email? I’m trying to connect my Orbi to a new modem and I think I need to update the info on the app!! Any help is appreciated!! Thank you!!
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Change validation email for Orbi app

Message 2 of 10
Scrubrnfam
Aspirant

I was able to change my email address with no problem. Once I log in, I’m directed to the verification page and it has my old email so I can’t verify. Very frustrated
Message 3 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Scrubrnfam wrote:
I was able to change my email address with no problem. Once I log in, I’m directed to the verification page and it has my old email so I can’t verify. Very frustrated

I guess you're talking about the app which I never use.   What if you uninstall the app and then reinstall it?

Message 4 of 10
Scrubrnfam
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion! That worked! I’m on the app now!! Unfortunately, my Orbi will not connect to my new modem. I’ve started everything from scratch but, for whatever reason, I cannot pick up a Wi-Fi signal
Message 5 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Scrubrnfam wrote:
Thank you for the suggestion! That worked! I’m on the app now!! Unfortunately, my Orbi will not connect to my new modem. I’ve started everything from scratch but, for whatever reason, I cannot pick up a Wi-Fi signal

What is the modem type/maker?

Message 6 of 10
Scrubrnfam
Aspirant

It’s a Arris Surfboard SB6190. I bought the same modem as my old one.
Message 7 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Scrubrnfam wrote:
It’s a Arris Surfboard SB6190. I bought the same modem as my old one.

forget the app

can you login to your orbi router with a pc?

how do you know you have no wifi?

Message 8 of 10
Scrubrnfam
Aspirant

The Orbi continues to flash white/light blue then turns the pink/mag color. Also, none of my devices can find a signal.
Message 9 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Scrubrnfam wrote:
The Orbi continues to flash white/light blue then turns the pink/mag color. Also, none of my devices can find a signal.

maybe these will help:

https://kb.netgear.com/31017/How-do-I-set-up-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite-mean

If not, unplug ALL (modem, router, sat(s)

Then start with modem, confirm you have internet access, then plug in router, wait until all ring lights go out.  If the router stays magenta while plugged into the modem, you may have a defective router and/or modem (dependent of how the modem performed in step one)

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7