Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Changed netgear account e-mail, but...

Timx2
Aspirant

Changed netgear account e-mail, but...

Hi,

Some time ago I changed my netgear account e-mail adress to @iCloud.com. I can login to mynetgear with this email, but when I try to login to the Orbi-app it sends me an 'email authentication mail' to my former @Gmail.com adress. Is it possible to sent those kind of emails to my @iCloud.com adress as well, because I want to delete my google account soon.

Thanks in advance,

kind regards!

Tim

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
ekhalil
Master

I think you need to change your email setting in MyNetgear here: https://accounts.netgear.com/account?redirectUrl=http:%2F%2Fwww.netgear.com%2Fmynetgear%2Fportal%2Fm...

You will see a page like the attached to change your email.

Message 2 of 8
Timx2
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, but I’ve already done this before and it worked for my Netgear account, but I still received an email on my gmail when I opened up the Orbi app on my new iPhone.
Message 3 of 8
ekhalil
Master

Ok, seems that Netgear needs to "clean" your profile, so probably you need to call Support for that.

I'd activate two-step verification via SMS so notifications can instead be sent by SMS to you.

You can do this in MyNetgear page under >> My Profile >> Login Settings >> Two-Step verification

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact a forum moderator. They should be able to help you out. 

@Blanca_O 

@Timx2 wrote:

Hi,

Some time ago I changed my netgear account e-mail adress to @iCloud.com. I can login to mynetgear with this email, but when I try to login to the Orbi-app it sends me an 'email authentication mail' to my former @Gmail.com adress. Is it possible to sent those kind of emails to my @iCloud.com adress as well, because I want to delete my google account soon.

Thanks in advance,

kind regards!

Tim

Message 5 of 8
Timx2
Aspirant

Thanks for the help so far. I’ll enable 2FA SMS and I also try to contact a forum moderator.
Message 6 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Timx2

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 7 of 8
Timx2
Aspirant

I still receive verification emails in my old inbox (gmail). A workaround is to set verification by sms as primary, but I am not satisfied with that. Still looking for a solution.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7