Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Changing Channels Disconnects Satellites

franktribe
Apprentice

Changing Channels Disconnects Satellites

Have you guys seen that when you change the channel on the 2.4Ghz Wifi network, it disconnects the Satellites and they don't connect back. I was able to change the 5Ghz network channel and the satellites connected back with no problem. But for some reason when I change the 2.4Ghz channel in the wifi settings, the satelittes disconnect and don't connect. I will give it more time and see if they connect. It's been 30 minutes or so.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 3
franktribe
Apprentice

Re: Changing Channels Disconnects Satellites

Interesting, I changed my 2.5Ghz back to Auto and the satellites reconnected. Bug? Can't set the 2.4Ghz channel when the satellites are connected via the Ethernet backhaul?

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Changing Channels Disconnects Satellites

How long are you giving the system after you apply the channel change for the system to come back to ready. Should take about 2 minutes max I think.

What is the distance between the router and satealllites? too close and the system will not work well. 30feet to begin with in between. The router alone can cover up to 30-40feet depending. You may only need 1 extra satellite with the router.

What FW version are you using?

There are no supported channel configurations on the satellites.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7