Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Choosing the best channels

marcosoul
Guide

Choosing the best channels

Anyone have any recommendations on how I can pick the best 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz channels? Is there free software that I can use in either Windows or Mac?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 4
martyfp
Luminary

Re: Choosing the best channels

I use the free version of Acrylic on a windows laptop - it works really well.  It misses some advanced features of the full version but is more than sufficient for scanning channels etc.

Message 2 of 4
Rattler
Guide

For the Mac, I use NetSpot and it works great. It will show all the nerby access points, channels, strength, etc. The free version is fine. It's also cool to "Map" your wifi with the paid version.

NetSpot

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
guzzijason
Apprentice

Also, on a Mac, there are some pretty decent tools built-in!

Hold down the "option" key, and then click on the WiFi menu item. You'll see addtional items under the menu. Click "Open Wireless Diagnostics..." Then, with Wireless Diagnostics open, click on the "Window" menu to find various other tools. I have found the "Scan" tool to be particularly useful.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7