Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Chrome 77 breaks orbi login page.

RedBatman89
Guide

Chrome 77 breaks orbi login page.

Ok so I had updated to Google Chrome 77 on my laptop last night, well this morning when I went to my orbi router page (192.168.1.1) For a just a secound it gives me the prompt to enter my password and it gives me a 401 unauthorizaiton error. I have tried numerous times to login to it on chrome but it would happen every single time. So  I then used Firefox and it works just fine. Well I'm here to give a heads up that Chrome 77 for now is broken for orbi now. Older versions of Chrome still work though. 

Message 1 of 18
plemans
Guru

Yep, you're right. its been on the forums that chrome 77 messed something up. Canary or older versions work. so does firefox, edge, and opera. 

Message 2 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Seem that Chrome is breaking other things too:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/KNOWN-ISSUE-Login-problems-using-lates...

Please use a different browser, IE11, Edge, Firefox or Opera. 

@RedBatman89 wrote:

Ok so I had updated to Google Chrome 77 on my laptop last night, well this morning when I went to my orbi router page (192.168.1.1) For a just a secound it gives me the prompt to enter my password and it gives me a 401 unauthorizaiton error. I have tried numerous times to login to it on chrome but it would happen every single time. So  I then used Firefox and it works just fine. Well I'm here to give a heads up that Chrome 77 for now is broken for orbi now. Older versions of Chrome still work though. 

Message 3 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 18
jweise
Apprentice

Concur with above.  Updated Chrome does not allow log on to Orbilogin page.  Edge works fine.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 18
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Orbi Community, 

We have escalated the issue to our engineering team and will report back with an update as soon as possible. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

~Christian 

Message 6 of 18
jweise
Apprentice

Please note that after rebooting computer, Orbilogin is now available on updated Chrome.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 18
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, All, 

We have tried to replicate the issue but was not able to reproduce it. Orbi is on the latest firmware 2.3.5.30 and Chrome version 77.0.3865.75 (Official Build) (64-bit). We were able to access it using the IP address and orbilogin.com. 

May we request for the following information: 

- Exact Chrome version / string

- Firmware version

- Is it the same behavior if it is in incognito mode? 

- Do you access it using IP address or orbilogin.com/net? 

- Did you try to clear cache? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 8 of 18
CrimpOn
Guru

I fear this one will never be solved.  I, also, got the "401 Unauthorized  enter serial number" screen when I tried Chrome Version 77.0.3865.75 (Official Build) (64-bit) using the Orbi IP address.  Seeing your recent message, I just tried again.  This time, Chrome made the usual complaint about the connection not being "secure" (i.e. http rather than https), but accepted my login and "it works."  Now that Chrome worked once, it continues to work.

Message 9 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

One user on a different forum mentioned that he restarted his PC and it seemed to resolve the issue for him and Chrome accessing the log in page. 

Any one restarted or re-booted there PC? 

Message 10 of 18
tlegru
Tutor

i confirm .. same issue and a reboot fixed it

Message 11 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. 

@tlegru wrote:

i confirm .. same issue and a reboot fixed it

Message 12 of 18
RedBatman89
Guide

Just wanna say its now working for me too. 

Message 13 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Awesome. 

Message 14 of 18
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @RedBatman89

Thank you for the update. Can you tell us what you did? Did you reboot the PC? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team 

Message 15 of 18
RedBatman89
Guide

No I didn't have to do that it sorta fixed itself. Funny enough when my phone got the latest chrome update it broke it for my phone. 

Message 16 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you rebooted your phone? 

@RedBatman89 wrote:

No I didn't have to do that it sorta fixed itself. Funny enough when my phone got the latest chrome update it broke it for my phone. 

Message 17 of 18
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, All, 

For those who are still facing this issue, please try rebooting first your computer. And if it did not resolve the issue, this link may help you out: 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061261/How-to-fix-Google-Chrome-77-blocking-access-to-Netgear-login-pages-...

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7