Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle Firmware Update Error on Orbi RBK50

newbietj
Aspirant

Circle Firmware Update Error on Orbi RBK50

I just finished setting up the Orbi system and updating firmware.  I am attempting to set up Circle.  The first screen is about making sure you are connected to WiFi on your netgear router before you begin.  Click next.  Next screen is a big smiley exclaiming your router is compatible.  "Do you want to enable Circle on your router"  Click enable Circle. Next screen is an oh no emoji regarding my firmware being out of date.  Would you like to update the firmware so you can enable circle.  Yes of course.  Dont have a choice.  Click Yes Please  At that point I sign in and am met with an error stating " Something went wrong.  Firmware does not support Circle.  Please try upgrading again.  I have posted this on Circle.  No response.  Cant find someone in support to speak with at either site.  So this is my last try before Orbi is going back.orbi 1.pngorbi 3.pngorbi 4.pngorbi2.png

Message 1 of 11
NCHunter
Aspirant

Re: Circle Firmware Update Error on Orbi RBK50

I am having the exact same issue.  The firmware that it updated itself to after I set up the Orbi is: v2.0.1.4.  

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 2 of 11
slbunge
Aspirant

I’m having the same issues. Updated to the most current firmware via the Orbi app and the Circle app won’t recognize. Please help.
Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 3 of 11
Starbucky
Apprentice

You have to manually download and install firmware 2.1.2.18 for the RBR50 and RBS50. The 2.0.x firmware doesn't support Circle or wired backhaul. The autoupdate is disabled once you're on 2.1.2.18.  

Message 4 of 11
NCHunter
Aspirant

Thank you!  This worked for me.

Message 5 of 11
markdixon12
Aspirant

Will this solution work for both Mac and PC? When I called customer support they wanted be to manually download the same version I currently had, not the 2.1.2.18.  I didn't have time to complete the call, but was curious.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 6 of 11
Starbucky
Apprentice

Yes it's independednt of operating system. It essentially re-routes requests for any "managed" device. 

I don't see why they would say to load the current stable firmware if you want to use Circle, to my knowledge only the 2.1.x fimware versions support Circle.

Message 7 of 11
MAshpole
Aspirant

Orbi doesn't always update to the latest firmware automatically. Recommend manually updating to the latest firmware found at here for the RBR50, but can be found at similar locations for other models: 

https://kb.netgear.com/000055562/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-1-3-4

Message 8 of 11
OrbiOrbiOh
Aspirant

I can confirm that I my Orbi RBK50 is on Router Firmware Version V2.1.4.10 and I am using Apple with the latest version of the Circle App.

I am not able to update enable Circle on my device. It am getting the same screen with the "Enable Circle" button in an endless loop.

I have rebooted the Orbi several time.  When will this be fixed?  

Message 9 of 11
Jppty
Aspirant

i have the same problem as other users connecting or enabling the circle app on the orbi router, i am not sure how to download the firmware suggested, is there an easier fix for this problem?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 10 of 11
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

This Kb will help you update the firmware.

https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-Satellite

DarrenM

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7