Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle goes offline

dbrown440
Aspirant

Circle goes offline

Every day it seems now, i get a notification from circle that says it is offline. but internet is still connected and i can even remotely access my router.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 14
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Circle goes offline

Hi @dbrown440,

Welcome to the community!

1. What is the firmware version of the Orbi?

2. Does it stay offline for a long period?

3. To confirm, once you are notified that it is offline, are you unable to make changes on the settings via the app?

4. Are you notified that it is offline while you are within your network/at home?

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 14
dbrown440
Aspirant

It will pop up and say it’s offline and I would get a notification from anywhere an hour too a couple days before it says it’s back online
3. To confirm, once you are notified that it is offline, are you unable to make changes on the settings via the app?
I am able to load up circle and select stuff but it doesn’t seem to effect anything
4. Are you notified that it is offline while you are within your network/at home?
Yes at times I am and I still have full internet connection.
Message 3 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

You might ask for a Beta FW to see if this help correct what your seeing. There is a new beta avialble from what I hear:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Looking-for-a-select-group-of-Orbi-Community-members-that-are/...

Ask @ChristineT abouit it. 

@dbrown440 wrote:
It will pop up and say it’s offline and I would get a notification from anywhere an hour too a couple days before it says it’s back online
I am able to load up circle and select stuff but it doesn’t seem to effect anything

Message 4 of 14
ekhalil
Master

@dbrown440 wrote:

Can you please check check if you have double NAT as follows:

Please open a Command Prompt on any computer attached to Orbi and type:

tracert 8.8.8.8    (traceroute to Google’s DNS server)

If you see two private IP addresses listed in the first two hops then you have double NAT. If you see only one private address and the second hop shows a public address, then you’re all good. 🙂

Message 5 of 14
ekhalil
Master

@dbrown440 Any update on this case? 🙂

Message 6 of 14
dbrown440
Aspirant

I appoligize, been busy the past couple days. I will check those settings when I get home. I do know i dont have any NAT issues while using any of the xboxs.

Message 7 of 14
dbrown440
Aspirant

i checked the trace route, i only have one private IP in the loop

Message 8 of 14
ekhalil
Master

What is the impact after getting the message that Circle is offline? What will you be NOT able to do in Circle?

Message 9 of 14
dbrown440
Aspirant

Sorry for the delay. No real impact persay. Just says that its not connected, could be issue with internet. 

Message 10 of 14
dbrown440
Aspirant

the impact i have now when it says its offline is i can not access my circle.

Message 11 of 14
Chuck_M
Mentor

What DNS servers are you using?

Recommend changing the first two to 8.8.8.8 amd 8.8.4.4

See if that fixes this issue./

Message 12 of 14
dbrown440
Aspirant

so change my default dns addresses to googles?
Message 13 of 14
Chuck_M
Mentor

yes

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements