Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Circle not pausing my devices

robertkat
Follower

Circle not pausing my devices

I have Circle installed and I see the list of devices. When I hit the pause you can still access the internet. If I use Genie and select the same device and pause, it works. Any idea what is going on?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Circle not pausing my devices

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

You might set up some reserved IP addresses ON the router for your devices first. Then enabled Circle and see. 

Message 2 of 4
DWost
Aspirant

This has been an ongoing issue on my network as well.  I'm not impressed with the Circle functionality at all.  It's very childish and extremely clumsy to set up.  I would love to see a more robust professional option be part of the framework.  With that being likely to not happen, here is the issue.  I have created a profile that has two devices assigned to it.  If my son is not online and bedtime hits, the pause feature works fine.  If he is online and playing a game and I try to shut him down it will not pause the device untill he is finished and shuts the device down.  From there if he tries to get back online it will be blocked but it doesn't shut him down immediately like I want.  I'm running the most current FW on all my satelites and the router and I've tried all suggestions of rebooting, deleting and readding profile, etc.. and it still doesn't work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @DWost, welcome to the community! The issue of certain apps with active sessions not getting cut off when Bedtime kicks in has already been reported to engineering and will be worked on with the Circle team. As it stands, this is currently a limitation on the feature.

Dexter

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7