Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Circle setup loop stuck at password

Riehmc
Aspirant

Circle setup loop stuck at password

Can't get Circle app to connect to new system.  It says compatible when when creds are entered I get "could not connect".  

I already reset the orbi twice, and even tried performing circle setup before the orbi asks for new password

I hate to revisit this topic but i just switched from linksys velop and sucks to have to deal with a problem that apparently has been an issue for netgear for years and still not fixed?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
vajim
Master

@Riehmc wrote:

Can't get Circle app to connect to new system.  It says compatible when when creds are entered I get "could not connect".  

I already reset the orbi twice, and even tried performing circle setup before the orbi asks for new password

I hate to revisit this topic but i just switched from linksys velop and sucks to have to deal with a problem that apparently has been an issue for netgear for years and still not fixed?

How long have you had your orbi?

what firmware are you running?

Message 2 of 10
Riehmc
Aspirant

I bought the system used and haven’t been able to register it thanks to the outstanding support team that says the last owner needs to email them? The firmware is 2.7.2.104
Message 3 of 10
Riehmc
Aspirant

I know it's not a password issue since there is a different error message for that.

image2.jpegimage1.jpegimage0.jpeg

Message 4 of 10
vajim
Master

@Riehmc wrote:
I bought the system used and haven’t been able to register it thanks to the outstanding support team that says the last owner needs to email them? The firmware is 2.7.2.104

you may want to try and contact one of the forum moderators here (@olympos1625)

as far as the 2.7.2.104 firmware...do a search in here.  I believe others have reported the same problem.  You may have to try a factory reset to see if that gets you back to a stable version.

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Circle product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Circle and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle
Good Luck

@Riehmc wrote:

Message 6 of 10
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Circle product.

Has to talk to a moderator first about registering his used orbi and then probably dump the BAD firmware

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/Missing-parental-controls-on-firmwar...

Circle works on v104 as well. 

@Riehmc wrote:

Message 8 of 10
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/Missing-parental-controls-on-firmwar...

Circle works on v104 as well. 

Not according to MANY other users

Message 9 of 10
Riehmc
Aspirant

Appreciate you pointing me to the right forum and it looks like others are having the same problem on version 104 as well. Sounds like Linksys needs to provide some sort of hidden admin page to enable those things in the gui like linksys does
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7