Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Circle unmanaged filtering not working

AKB8A
Aspirant

Circle unmanaged filtering not working

I’ve spent hours on the phone with both Netgear and Circle support and have been left with an unresolved issue that I’m hoping either someone else has encountered, or better yet, has a solution. One of the reasons I purchased this router model was the inclusion of Circle and without it working properly I need to decide if I should return it.

The issue: applications/platforms that are unmanaged do not work (as they should) after a set time limit has been reached.  If an application/platform is already open it will continue to sort or work, but not fully. For example, if Spotify is running within the time limit, it will continue to run after the time limit is up UNLESS you try to switch songs, switch a playlist etc. if you close Spotify and reopen you won’t be able to get back in.  I tested Instagram, and gmail as well.   Tested on iPads, laptops.

i have xfinity, with my own modem that feeds into the router. Orbi has current firmware installed. App is current. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app and profiles, I’ve reset the modem several times. 

If if anyone has any ideas I’d be grateful....Netgear has left me hanging.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
vcdx71
Star

I've been a long time circle customer, had the standalone device before it was integrated into Orbi. I'm having the same issue and have an open ticket with Circle as I refuse to deal with Netgear support. They are aware of the issue, and I was told a fix would be coming shortly. My ticket number is 53828 if you want to have whoever you worked with reference it.

Message 2 of 6
AKB8A
Aspirant

Wow. Thanks for that information. I searched everywhere for some report of this issue, and was told (at least by Netgear) that they had never had anyone report this. I was convinced I had some problem with my setup.  I was patched into a call with an Circle tech support person who wasn’t able to figure it out either. I initially sent an email to circle support who sent me right back to Netgear, but I think I’m going to try again. It helps knowing I’m not imagining things. 

@vcdx71wrote:

I've been a long time circle customer, had the standalone device before it was integrated into Orbi. I'm having the same issue and have an open ticket with Circle as I refuse to deal with Netgear support. They are aware of the issue, and I was told a fix would be coming shortly. My ticket number is 53828 if you want to have whoever you worked with reference it.

Message 3 of 6
sparky87
Aspirant

Has any progress been made on this issue?  My tablet uses a VPN to connect to work and even when set as an unmanged device cannot make it through. If I set my cellphone to a hotspot, I can get through with it, but not on my faster home network. This is important as I am the designated support for a few programs at work and sometimes need to have access from home. My kids are at an age where circle is proving to be the best deterrent when I can't be available to monitor them. (And they are quickly learning how to circumvent most filtering options.)

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 5 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

If you are having issues with circle features on orbi PM me and I will get you in contact with support to work on these issues.

DarrenM 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7