Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Client Isolated Between Router and Satellites

PearlandR
Aspirant

Client Isolated Between Router and Satellites

Hello.  Can someone help me figure out what setting i need to change so that clients can communicate between orbi devices (satellite to satellite, satellite to router, and router to satellite)?  I have two kids that play minecraft, and forwhatever reason, I cannot get them to join if ipads are on different orbi devices.  I am on firmware 2.1.4.10.  I have also had issues getting two Xbox Ones to see each other.  One is wired to the router and one is wired to the satellite.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
computersteve
Apprentice

Re: Client Isolated Between Router and Satellites

Yes ive been noticing the same behavior.. devices sometimes dissapear then reappear. Meanwhile these are hardwired devices connect to the satelite... sometimes if I have devices only connected to the router, and am connected to a satelite I cant see the things connected to the router =( idk its weird lol. I think its another bug. 

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 2 of 4
PearlandR
Aspirant

I hope it is just a bug.  I just tried turning off fast roaming.  Maybe that will help.

I saw another thread with the same subject, but it seems like their resolution was to change it to an access point instead of a router.

Has there been any discussion of a feature that could be used to force a client to disconnect?

Message 3 of 4
PearlandR
Aspirant

I still haven't seen any update on this...  Anyone else?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7