Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Color Games

b1o3o
Aspirant

Color Games

My Orbi Router's LED is not on but I'm connected to it. It was fading white when it started. Now it's just off. 

My Orbi Satellite's LED was blue, now it's off. 

Do both Router and Satellite show up in my network list, or do they just show up as one?

Message 1 of 5

Re: Color Games

@b1o3o wrote:

My Orbi Router's LED is not on but I'm connected to it. It was fading white when it started. Now it's just off. 

My Orbi Satellite's LED was blue, now it's off. 

Do both Router and Satellite show up in my network list, or do they just show up as one?

really did you even read the instalation guide , no lights indicates its all connected and working correctly

what network list is that ? if you mean your wifi adapters wifi selection page the orbi just shows up as one 2.4 gig and one 5 gig as it all uses the same ssid

Message 2 of 5
b1o3o
Aspirant

So let me get this straight. Netgear added this LED feature to remind user that if it's ON then there's something wrong, but if it's OFF then everything is perfect. Any reason, why they didn't just do the opposite?

Network list. Wifi available that my phone can connect too. I only see my Orbi Router, even though I have that and the satellite. Unlike my previous extended thatbhas its own dedicated device name.

No I did not read the installation guide. I wanted a challenge.
Message 3 of 5

simple no light to keep you awake , yes its counter intuitive in a technical sense but logical in a placement sense as the devices may be in bedrooms etc

you mean you only see one ssid name as thats what all of us see , your client just connects to the closest one , this is how smart wifi works its one single ssid for all the bands as this aids in roaming

reading does help 🙂

Message 4 of 5
b1o3o
Aspirant

Thanks for the infos. And thanks for doing all the reading for us.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7