Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Combine an ORBI Router + Satellite (RBR50 - RBS50) with ORBI Router + Satellite (RBR40 -RBS40)

melacavo
Follower

Combine an ORBI Router + Satellite (RBR50 - RBS50) with ORBI Router + Satellite (RBR40 -RBS40)

Hi,

I have installed in a big apartment an ORBI Router RBR50 with his satellite RBS50, and I have a great coverage for the main part of the apartment, but in a small part, in the kitchen and a pair of rooms above that kitchen I got no coverage at all.

I already have the smaller one kit of ORBI the RBR40-RBS40.

The question is: can I connect the new router and satellite to the pre-installed system? I got just an ethernet cable from one modem where I installed the existing RBR50 router.

Are the two systems compatible?

Can I add a second router to work as a satellite?

If compoatible, what are the steps to add the two new devices?

Waiting to got some info on it as googling around I didn't find answers.

THX

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4

Re: Combine an ORBI Router + Satellite (RBR50 - RBS50) with ORBI Router + Satellite (RBR40 -RBS40)

you can connect the rbs40 to the rbr50 just by pushing the sync button on both the orbi router and the rbs40 , you cant however use the rbr40 as its a router and not a sat

Message 2 of 4
ketihsplace
Tutor

Re: Combine an ORBI Router + Satellite (RBR50 - RBS50) with ORBI Router + Satellite (RBR40 -RBS40)

Will a Orbi satellite RBS50 sync with and RBR40 router?

Question 2, can more than two satellite be added to Orbi system?

Message 3 of 4

q1. yes but it will only run on the 867M backhaul that the rbk40 system runs and not the 1733M the rbk50 series has

q.2 yes but you have to be aware of placement as you would have to have a big house to need 3 or more sats

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7