Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Combine orbi systems

Ammashraf
Follower

Combine orbi systems

Hi everyone,
I have Orbi RBK50 system and its great, but I’d like to expand the system to every corner of my house, thus I’m wondering is it possible to add another RBK50 to combine with my existing system? Can the orbi router be one of the satellites? Thank you
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Ammashraf wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have Orbi RBK50 system and its great, but I’d like to expand the system to every corner of my house, thus I’m wondering is it possible to add another RBK50 to combine with my existing system? Can the orbi router be one of the satellites? Thank you

You can add more sats...but the orbi router is a router never a sat

from the NG search tool:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Multiple-orbi-routers-in-same-house/td-p/1754104

Message 2 of 3
ekhalil
Master

As @Retired_Member mentioned, but -if you have to- you can also use the RBR50 as an AP if you connect it wired t the existing RBR50 and set it to AP mode and use different radio channels than the existing system.

Of course, the best solution is to have only one router and expand with satellites.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7