Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Complete Nightmare with Bitdefender software on my Orbi

hkcalvin
Follower

Complete Nightmare with Bitdefender software on my Orbi

it just complete nightmare after I install that software in my orbi router.. i can't view my normal real estate listing on my phone and computer. 

the software think that is a SPAM and SCAM...  They will be no easy way to uninstall..

DON'T INSTALL..

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Complete Nightmare with Bitdefender software on my Orbi

Hi @hkcalvin

May we request a screenshot of the page showing that it is blocked? 

We suggest to visit this page https://www.bitdefender.com/submit/ and submit the URL to tag it correctly. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 7

I agree! This is a complete nightmare for our household and has destabilized everything. How do we uninstall Bitdefender from the router?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset the router and setup from scratch. Don't enable putting Armor or Circle on the router when prompted when getting to the routers web page. 

Message 4 of 7

Thank you. After spending a total of 50 minutes on the phone (28 with Bitdefender and 22 with NETGEAR), I was finally given guidance on how to toggle Armor on and off (I needed to do this from the Orbi app because it didn’t work via the orbilogin.net page).

After turning Armor OFF, my household WiFi devices have returned to behaving normally. The last 6 hours has been the best performance in the last week since I agreed to install Armor/Bitdefender. I’ll see how it goes and hopefully I won’t have to resort to a full factory reset to get rid of this “not for prime time” software.

My advice to anyone reading this: DO NOT INSTALL ARMOR ON YOUR NETGEAR ROUTER! DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE BITDEFENDER FREE TRIAL! It will cause your WiFi and other smart home devices to fall off the network randomly. Your phone and tablets will run slow. And yet there aren’t any proven threats that this has caught in the week I was using it.

And NETGEAR, please fix this. It seems like a good idea but this does not work in the real world.
Message 5 of 7
Toy4wd
Tutor

I’ve had no luck. This is an absolute joke of a security feature. Each time I try to reach security setting it tells me offline, I stop trying online again, try to get it again and offline. It’s like they don’t want me to turn this crap off..... THANKS AGAIN NETGEAR. Way to go!
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

We suggest to visit this page https://www.bitdefender.com/submit/ and submit the URL to tag it correctly.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7