Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Computer loses connection to some devices on Orbi

WStaehle
Aspirant

Computer loses connection to some devices on Orbi

I have an RB50 with two RBS50 satellites. A Windows 10 latop loses connection to two printers intermittently. I cannot ping either printer from the laptop but I do still have internet. I found that if I turn off the power to satellite 2, the the printers go back on line and can be pinged. What is curious is that the "Orbi connected devices" page show the laptop as being connected to the router and both printers connected to satellite 2 when the problem occurs. Satellite 2 is never in the mix for these devices. All 3 devices are WiFi connected. In at least 1 instance, after power cycling Satellite 2 the printers came back on line. The firmware is V2.5.1.16

Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on.

Message 1 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Computer loses connection to some devices on Orbi

@WStaehle wrote:

I have an RB50 with two RBS50 satellites. A Windows 10 latop loses connection to two printers intermittently. I cannot ping either printer from the laptop but I do still have internet. I found that if I turn off the power to satellite 2, the the printers go back on line and can be pinged. What is curious is that the "Orbi connected devices" page show the laptop as being connected to the router and both printers connected to satellite 2 when the problem occurs. Satellite 2 is never in the mix for these devices. All 3 devices are WiFi connected. In at least 1 instance, after power cycling Satellite 2 the printers came back on line. The firmware is V2.5.1.16

Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on.

I have the same RBK53 system. I had a similar problem with 2 printers. I went to each printer, cleared the WIFI connection and reconfigured each printer's WIFI connection. Then I went to the PC, (running Windows 10), that was having an issue, and uninstalled then reinstalled the printers. If that doesn't fix it, you may have an issue with RBS50 Satellite 2. If so I would reset, (painless compared to resetting the RBR50 router), Satellite 2 and reconnect it to the RBR50 router. 

Message 2 of 3
WStaehle
Aspirant

Re: Computer loses connection to some devices on Orbi

Thanks for the reply. I just noticed a typo in my original post. It should have said that the printers were connected to Satellite 1, not 2. That's why it was confusing why shutting down Satellite 2 cleared the problem. The only thing that was connected to 2 was a Denon Heos speaker which is close by.

I have re-installed the printer software and I am now running with Satellite 2 turned off altogenther to see if that cures the problem. If that works for some period of time I will reset Satellite 2 and set it back up.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7