Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Configure RBR50 to work with Virgin Media Modem Mode Hub

ElCapo
Luminary

Configure RBR50 to work with Virgin Media Modem Mode Hub

Hi

I am about to change my internet supplier from ADSL to VirginMedia Cable.

My current set up is a RBR50 Orbi Router in Router Mode connected to a Netgear DM200-100EUS DSL Modem.  When I configured my Orbi Router previously I used settings such as:

- PPPoE

- Login username and password for the Internet Provider

- VDSL Service Name

- Always on Connection Mode

- Dynamic IP

- Automatically get DNS

- Default MAC Address

Once my VirginMedia Hub is setup and running, I will change it to Modem Mode.  Can anyone advise what the above settings should be on my Netgear Orbi Router now that I am switching from DSL to Cable?

Many Thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
ElCapo
Luminary

Hi

Just wanted to post a conclusion to this topic.

As advised, there is no login required for Orbi to Virgin Media Hub4.  Simply switch to modem mode on the Virgin Hub, select "ISP does NOT need a login" on the Netgear Orbi.  Then connected the two devices.  I used port 4 on the Virgin Media Hub

Thanks All

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

seems like i've seen quite a few posts on here about virgin media's "modem only" mode not working properly. 

some  have had to leave the virgin media device in router mode, disable its wifi, and run the orbi in access point mode. 

Not saying it won't work for you though. 

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Also ask the ISP what settings and configurations are needed as well. The DM series modem has a built in router as well. Something to refer to the uer manual or the NG DSL modem forum for additional help and information. 

Message 3 of 5
ElCapo
Luminary

Hi

Just wanted to post a conclusion to this topic.

As advised, there is no login required for Orbi to Virgin Media Hub4.  Simply switch to modem mode on the Virgin Hub, select "ISP does NOT need a login" on the Netgear Orbi.  Then connected the two devices.  I used port 4 on the Virgin Media Hub

Thanks All

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation