Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connect AC3000 to ADSL2

lillhouse
Follower

Connect AC3000 to ADSL2

I am currently an AT&T DSL customer and have a Netgear ADSL2+Router. I purchased the Orbi AC3000 with a satelitte. Followed the instructions to connect the two together and constantly lose the internet. 

The ADSL2 instructions tell me to change it to bridge mode, shut it down and restart after hooking up the Orbi. Following instructions, I connect via ethernet to the Orbi and go through those steps and can see the Orbi wireless connection, but constantly see no internet connection both wirelessly and via ethernet. 

To get back on the internet, I disconnect and shut down the Orbi and have to reset the ADSL2, doing a hard reset.

Since both products are Netgear, you would think there would be good instructions someplace.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 2
TheEther
Guru

Re: Connect AC3000 to ADSL2

DSL usually requires a username and password to log into the Internet. If you put your ADSL2 device into bridge mode, then you'll have to transfer the username and password information to the Orbi. Look at the Orbi manual for the part that talks about Internet logins.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7