Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connect certain devices only to certain sattelite

Laers74
Follower

Connect certain devices only to certain sattelite

Hi all,

Is there a way to keep certain device only connected to a certain sattelite?

No, whenever there is a short outage of one of the sattelites, my wireless speakers (BlueSound) connect to another sattelite and, when the previous one comes back alive, the do not connect back to the previous one, so the connection is much weaker then before.

Is there a way to register the MAC addresses tot one of the sattelites?

Best regards,

Robbert

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Connect certain devices only to certain sattelite

Not that I know of. 

You could reboot the other satellite. 

Or get a small ups for each satellite and hook the satellites to them. That way they're not dying or shutting down. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Connect certain devices only to certain sattelite

30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

You can adjust the power output of the RBRs wifi radios as well. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

@Laers74 wrote:

Hi all,

Is there a way to keep certain device only connected to a certain sattelite?

No, whenever there is a short outage of one of the sattelites, my wireless speakers (BlueSound) connect to another sattelite and, when the previous one comes back alive, the do not connect back to the previous one, so the connection is much weaker then before.

Is there a way to register the MAC addresses tot one of the sattelites?

Best regards,

Robbert

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7