Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connect to Roost smart batteries

lazman64
Aspirant

Connect to Roost smart batteries

My smart batteries need to connect via 2.4 ghz. How do I do that with my Orbi RBS50?
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
lazman64
Aspirant

Re: Connect to Roost smart batteries

Thanks. I got them connected.  As far as Roost is concerned, they notified me that one of my batteries was running low and needed to be replaced.  I was pissed because it was only about a year old.  Then they contacted me again and said they would replace it for free because it died prematurely.  I'm happy about that but it's been about a week and no sign of a battery being shipped yet.

View solution in original post

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

They'll do that automatically.  I had them, but they die quickly, no where near as long as they're advertised.

Message 2 of 4
lazman64
Aspirant

Thanks. I got them connected.  As far as Roost is concerned, they notified me that one of my batteries was running low and needed to be replaced.  I was pissed because it was only about a year old.  Then they contacted me again and said they would replace it for free because it died prematurely.  I'm happy about that but it's been about a week and no sign of a battery being shipped yet.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yeah, I was one of those that pre-ordered them about a year before they came out... I have 18 smoke detectors, but started with just two Roosts.  Both were dead within a year.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7