Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connect to a specific RBR20 satellite

junior48603
Follower

Connect to a specific RBR20 satellite

Hello, we have an Orbi RBR20 system and I am wondering if there is a way to make a device connect to a specific satellite. We have a satellite upstairs in our home yet a couple of devices will only connect to the router on the main floor even when they are much closer to the satellite (for example 10 feet from upstairs satellite vs. 30 feet from main floor router). I have tried having the device forget the wifi network and then reconnect with the device right next to the satellite with no success. Looking for any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

Re: Connect to a specific RBR20 satellite

@junior48603 wrote:

Hello, we have an Orbi RBR20 system and I am wondering if there is a way to make a device connect to a specific satellite.

Yes, it's possible with RBR50 series, not sure about RBR20 series.  You can check out this thread, this thread, and this thread

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Connect to a specific RBR20 satellite

Wifi devices choose and pick there signals to connect to, even if you reconfigure any Orbi or any wifi system, it's up to the devices to pick and choose where they connect too. 

@junior48603 wrote:

Hello, we have an Orbi RBR20 system and I am wondering if there is a way to make a device connect to a specific satellite. We have a satellite upstairs in our home yet a couple of devices will only connect to the router on the main floor even when they are much closer to the satellite (for example 10 feet from upstairs satellite vs. 30 feet from main floor router). I have tried having the device forget the wifi network and then reconnect with the device right next to the satellite with no success. Looking for any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7