Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connected but no internet

FURRYe38
Guru

So far with AP mode you are getting connected and internet access now right? 

What is the mfr and model# of the wired switch your using behind the modem? 

Message 26 of 30
Gebla
Apprentice

Yews, only after moving to AP mode and to a complete wireless backhaul setting I get internet. Although I still get no data for some seconds, when that happens I can see that I am switching between RBS. This happens a few times during longer internet browsing

For me Orbi does not work with wired backhaul, you cannnot connect other wired devices to it and it can not work as router (only as AP). Considering these limitations I think Orbi is way to expensive.

Message 27 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

That would be a device handling issue, not the Orbi. The device maybe choosing which source to connect to based on distance, signal and noise. 

You may have a bad system thats possible. Ethernet back haul works. How my system is connected. Others have this working as well. Hard to tell if this is a HW failure here or configuration...

Overall, you might ask for an RMA or get a replacement from the place you bought this from to see if the problems stop. If not, i would conclude that this is a environment and configuration issue there. 

Message 28 of 30
Gebla
Apprentice

The problem is that Netgear refuses warranty as I did some Telnet on the device in the past (to change to 2.4 and 5GHZ). According to Netgear I changed the product. and they refuse to accept that factory reset would restore it into original version.

Message 29 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you make contact with @Blanca_O about this? 

Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7