Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connected, no internet

buckflair
Aspirant

Connected, no internet

I have a constant anomaly with my Orbi that my computer displays a message saying "No Internet Connection" when in fact there is a perfectly good internet connection!  The problem is that whereas my GMail and surfing work just fine, my Microsoft account really thinks I have no internet.  Anybody else have the same problem?  Thanks.  ATW

Message 1 of 7

Re: Connected, no internet

@buckflair wrote:

I have a constant anomaly with my Orbi that my computer displays a message saying "No Internet Connection" when in fact there is a perfectly good internet connection! 

This sounds like a PC problem that probably has nothing to do with the unnamed Orbi device you have.

It might help if you told people what the operating system is on the PC, and which version. (That was a common issue with older versions of Windows.)

You could also tell people if the connection is wired or wifi.

Then there is the firmware version on this anonymous Orbi device.

Message 2 of 7
buckflair
Aspirant

I have a frequent anomaly with my Orbi WiFi that my computers display a message saying "No Internet Access" when in fact there is a perfectly good internet connection!

This causes no problems with Google, GMail or most apps but seeem to be taken literally by Microsoft, such that Office 365 / One Drive really believes there is no connection and constatntly tells me so.

Does anybody esle suffer the same problem?

WiFi not Wired connection.

Orbi RBR50, with one satellite.

Firmware Version 2.1.4.16

Computers running on Windows 10 Home  and Windows 10 Pro, both latest editions and update daily.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 3 of 7

@buckflair wrote:

....my computers display a message saying "No Internet Access" when in fact there is a perfectly good internet connection!

And where do you see this message?

A screenshot can tell us a lot.

Message 4 of 7
buckflair
Aspirant

Internet symol on Task Bar shows a yellow warning triangle.  Scrolling the mouse over the symbol brings up the name of my network, accompanied by the message "No Internet access".  Just as happens when there really is no Internet access, except that in my case there is perfectly good access.  I am getting the message even as I reply to you!

ATW

Message 5 of 7

That's a pretty old "phenomenon" in Windows. Hit me once, although it had no effect on anything I could do. I thought it had gone away. It is also not specific to Netgear!

I would also investigate Windows, as well as what causes OneDrive to gag.

The router just provides wifi and ethernet. It is then down to Windows to play ball.

There are plenty of messages out there in Googleland. I would forget about the Orbi as the cause of the message.

Message 6 of 7
buckflair
Aspirant

Thank you.

ATW

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation