Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connecting Orbi to Epson WF-2850 and Samsung C410W Wireless Printers

friedmike
Follower

Connecting Orbi to Epson WF-2850 and Samsung C410W Wireless Printers

I have an Orbi RBR40 router and 2 satellites RBW30.  Backhaul on both satelittes is rated "poor".  I recently updated firmware on system, and now cannot connect any wireless printers to Orbi.  The first printer is an olver Samsung C410W.  It connects fine to my ubiquiti device and fine directly to my cable modem via wireless.  When connecting using USB or wifi to Orbi during new printer setup, the message is always invalid securioty credentials, correct password, reboot devices, etc.  Never works.

My Epson WF-2850 printer was working fin on new firmware, but the printer broke so they sent me a replacement.  Using the wifi setup wizzard, Epson finds ORbi easily with full strength.  Again, invalid security credential message is what I receive.  

This only happens on printers.  My phones, tablets, TV, etc. all have no issue connecting to Orbi easily.  I have the 2.4ghz channel fixed to channel 6.  I've tried rebooting.  I've tried putting the printer right next to the router.  Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts worth trying?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Connecting Orbi to Epson WF-2850 and Samsung C410W Wireless Printers

You put your cable modem as wireless. So its a combo device I take it? Is it running in bridge mode/modem only mode? Or is your orbi in AP mode? 

Reason why is if you have 2 routers running on your network, many different issues can crop up. I'd recommend either putting your ISP's device in bridge/modem only mode or switching your orbi to AP (access point) mode. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7