Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connecting PS4 to ORBI Satellite

Onedark1
Aspirant

Connecting PS4 to ORBI Satellite

Good day all!  Just bought an Orbi after weeks of reading reviews.  My connections are unquestionably better, and I am not sure if I even have the updated firmware...(smile).  In short, I am very impressed with this system, and although pricey, worth the investment.

I am thinking of placing the satellite in my game room and using one of the ethernet ports for my PS4.  Has anyone done this?  Are there any benefits to attaching via ethernet?  Are the speeds better or should I just stick to Wi-fi?

I was thinking about getting another satellite for my movie room and attaching the TV, satellite TV box, and reciever via ethernet, but if the difference is minimal, I will just stick to what I have and save the extra $ for the upcoming holiday season.

Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4

Hi

I currently have my PS4 Pro plugged into my Orbi Sattalite and it works flawlessly. The PS4/Pro addmittedly dont have the best inbuilt Wi-Fi connectivity - they work fine but dont have the best range nor speed. Plugging into the ethernet port of the Orbi sattalite will give you a much faster, more stable and reliable connection. It'll also reduce your ping times for online gaming, and also free up Wi-Fi congestion.

Whenever its possible, its always advisable to connect any network device to ethernet for the best connection. Due to the Orbi having a dedicated backhaul network, ethernet is going to let you take full advantage of that speed increase so its well worth it.

Message 2 of 4
Onedark1
Aspirant

Thanks!
Will I need to do anything special to activate the backhaul? Or is that automatic?
Message 3 of 4

The wireless backhaul is automatic. Everything is sent from the router to the satallite goes through the backhaul channel.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7