Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting Seagate PersonalCloud to Orbi RBK30

melanieharper
Aspirant

Connecting Seagate PersonalCloud to Orbi RBK30

Hi, I have a Seagate 3TB Personal Cloud that I'm trying to connect (wired, no wifi) to my Orbi router. However, it's not showing up on my network. VLAN/Bridge group is enabled due to my ISP's settings.  Any ideas on how I can get the PersonalCloud device to connect? TIA. 

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Connecting Seagate PersonalCloud to Orbi RBK30

Do you have ReadyShare feature on your model Orbi router? 

Been some users saying USB drives are not fully supported as of yet. 

Something you might contact NG support about on the phone and ask...

Message 2 of 4
melanieharper
Aspirant

A little quick research looks like ReadyShare is possibly not ready for prime time on my Orbi. However, the Seagate personal cloud isn't USB. It's meant to be plugged directly into one of the Orbi's ethernet ports. I've got it plugged and the display light is steady, but the network isn't finding it, and arp -a doesn't show it by MAC address. 

I think the VLAN/Bridging required by my ISP may be fudging the issue, as you can't check all ports, and the only free port is the unchecked one. I'd love to call Seagate, but they are closed when I'm off work. Bummer.

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Is there a reset feature on the Seagate drive? If this is a LAN supporting NAS, then try a reset if it's available and see if it will connect. You might check to see if it has a default IP address schemea or if it will auto detect any IP address when connected to a router. 

When connected to the router, it doesn't appear in the connected clients list? 

Check with the drives Mfr for additional help and information on this. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7