Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting a 2.4G Lenovo Smart Plug (any 2.4G device) to my Orbi RBR850

Darren_620
Tutor

Connecting a 2.4G Lenovo Smart Plug (any 2.4G device) to my Orbi RBR850

Just managed to connect my 2.4G smart plugs to my Orbi for the first time and wanted to share what I did.

1. I upgrade to the latest firmware V3.2.16.22_1.4.9 (not sure if this helped but sharing everything)

2. Using orbilogin.net on my laptop I went to advanced tab and then selected the advanced option and then the "Wireless Settings"

3. I disabled the check box in the 5G section and pressed apply. (you may need to also remove the check on 20/40 under 2.4G section)

4. I then used the Lenovo App and importantly the setting required me to disconnect from mobile data and make sure my location service was turned on. 

5. Following the plug setup in the App I was finally able to connect the plug to the network.

6. After adding the plugs I then selected the 5G check box turning it back on and pressed Apply

7. Went into the orbi page and saw the devices were attached and renamed them and selected the smart plug icon etc.

Finally they work on the App, Alexa etc...

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Connecting a 2.4G Lenovo Smart Plug (any 2.4G device) to my Orbi RBR850

@Darren_620 wrote:

Just managed to connect my 2.4G smart plugs to my Orbi for the first time and wanted to share what I did.

What Orbi model are you referring too? Orbi AX? 

1. I upgrade to the latest firmware V3.2.16.22_1.4.9 (not sure if this helped but sharing everything)

2. Using orbilogin.net on my laptop I went to advanced tab and then selected the advanced option and then the "Wireless Settings"

3. I disabled the check box in the 5G section and pressed apply. (you may need to also remove the check on 20/40 under 2.4G section)

What check box are you referring to inthe 5G section?

4. I then used the Lenovo App and importantly the setting required me to disconnect from mobile data and make sure my location service was turned on. 

5. Following the plug setup in the App I was finally able to connect the plug to the network.

6. After adding the plugs I then selected the 5G check box turning it back on and pressed Apply

7. Went into the orbi page and saw the devices were attached and renamed them and selected the smart plug icon etc.

Finally they work on the App, Alexa etc...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7