Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting an American Standard Gold Wifi Thermostat to my Orbi mesh network?

ARSTAG
Follower

Connecting an American Standard Gold Wifi Thermostat to my Orbi mesh network?

I cannot get my  American Standard Gold Wifi Thermostat to connect with my Orbi mesh network? Any suggestions? AS tells me that they only work on 2.4. Thank you all

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Connecting an American Standard Gold Wifi Thermostat to my Orbi mesh network?

@ARSTAG wrote:

I cannot get my  American Standard Gold Wifi Thermostat to connect with my Orbi mesh network? Any suggestions? AS tells me that they only work on 2.4. Thank you all

This WiFi thermostat appears to connect like most WiFi thermostats:

• Being on the home screen and press the following sequence of buttons: Menu> Settings> Network> Connect to Wi-Fi Network.
  • Choose your Wi-Fi network and enter the password (you will see a note on the screen if it is successful).
  • Press Home.

American Standard does not make it easy to find a User Manual for the thermostat. I found those instructions at:

https://www.nexiahome.com/nexia-setup-guide-for-the-american-standard-gold-xv-control/.html 

As the thermostat supports only 2.4G WiFi, it will pick up the Orbi 2.4G signal.  (Having no 5G radio, the thermostat will not detect 5G WiFi, just as it will not detect Am/FM radio, police radar, or anything else.)

I found that entering the password is tedious on devices like this because of the way CAPITAL LETTERS and punctuation are entered.

At what step in the process does it fail?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7