Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting to internet

petermariana
Aspirant

Connecting to internet

Bought this today but although I can connect my devices - phones and computers - to Orbi router, the router will not connect to the internet.

My old router works just fine - so no issue with the modem. Only possible problems are (1) my modem is not compatible with the Orbi (hard to believe as its a recent NBN issue) and (2) the orbi is broken.  

Help much appreciated. Peter

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Connecting to internet

1. what firmware is on your orbi?

2. What model modem are you connecting to? Many are combo devices and orbi shows "no internet" even though there is because you're in a double nat. Not saying you are but its a potential.

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Message 2 of 8
petermariana
Aspirant

Thanks for your help.

The modem is NBN provided ARRIS CMB200.

I'm sorry I don't know the router firmware version. Router is RBR 50 v2. I don;t have a double NAT setup.

Regards

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Power OFF the isp modem for 30 seconds then back ON. Right after you turn ON the modem, factory reset the RBR and walk thru the setup wizard nd setup the RBR from scratch. Don't enable Circle or Armor. 

What FW version are you using? 

Swap out LAN cables between the RBR and modem. CAT6 is recommended. 

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are not coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

@petermariana wrote:

Thanks for your help.

The modem is NBN provided ARRIS CMB200.

I'm sorry I don't know the router firmware version. Router is RBR 50 v2. I don;t have a double NAT setup.

Regards

Message 4 of 8
plemans
Guru

I take it you mean the CM8200?
@FURRYe38 had good advice. I'd follow that first.
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

That would be the SB8200. There isn't a CM8200 model modem. 

Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

I stand corrected. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats