Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connection Failure on Speed Test

HCC202
Star

Connection Failure on Speed Test

I did a facory reset of my system about two weeks ago and loaded the new firmware for the system which seems to be working better. I have been able to perform spped tests on the system through the Orbi app on my Iphone until today. I keepo getting a connection failure error. I have rebooted both the modem and router and I am still having the same issue. 

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 42
Guanadus
Tutor

Same problem from yesterday to me. I have used IOS app without any problem and also if I try to do the speed test from the Web access (Orbilogin) and I receive the same error.

I have uninstall the app & install it again in my iphone & ipad but the same error appears.

I have tried too a android smartphone and same problem.

On the other hand, I have had also a magent ligth in my router today, hopefully I fixed it.

Last firmware installed. (v2.0.0.56)

Thanks

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 2 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the speed test via web browser on a PC working?

speedtest app on my iphone is working.

Message 3 of 42
Guanadus
Tutor

It is Orbi app on IOS & android.

Also from Orbilogin.com web 

Message 4 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the router is connected too?

Message 5 of 42
HCC202
Star

It is Orbi app on iphone 

Message 6 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

I would notify NG support. Maybe something going on on with the app. Maybe due for an update.

Message 7 of 42
Guanadus
Tutor

The modem router is connected too in bridge mode.
Model MitraStar GPT-2541GNAC (HGU) from MOVISTAR (Spain).
The problem is with the Orbi app on IOS & Android (both)
The problem is also in orbilogin.com in the advance setting > speed test.
Note that the error stated yesterday, previously worked fine in all systems

Thanks
Message 8 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

I would notify NG support. Maybe something going on on with the app.

Message 9 of 42
Guanadus
Tutor

Thanks. IOS app v2.1.2.16
Waiting for your update
Message 10 of 42
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to contact NG support and ask about this.

Good Luck.

@Guanadus wrote:
Thanks. IOS app v2.1.2.16
Waiting for your update

Message 11 of 42
RWCPacific
Guide

Wow, it appears that there is a problem with the app and I am not the only person having app problem.

I called support before I posted my app problem.  But, they said they will get back with me in one to two days.  So, I thought I'd ask in the commmunity forum.

Message 12 of 42
Orbiuser12
Aspirant

Same issue , speed test failed on mobile app. I ran it in pc connected to Orbi router and worked fine

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 13 of 42
howens1
Aspirant

Speed test fail ,I changed cable , rebooted , confirm updates, when you pay $500, you don't expect problems in less than 8 months, thank god for the community, all manufacturer suck with service.

@Orbiuser12 wrote:

Same issue , speed test failed on mobile app. I ran it in pc connected to Orbi router and worked fine

Message 14 of 42
MarkSewell
Guide

I have the rbk50 and latest 2.1 release.

I now have this issue, it coincided with me changing to wired Ethernet backhaul..
Message 15 of 42
PaulK617
Star

I’m also having same error (connection failure) with the speed test on the Orbi App on my iPhone but when I use the OOKLA app, it’s works fine. I’ve just updated to latest firmware v2.1.3.4 a few days ago. Seems to be an app issue. I also tried rebooting router a couple time with no luck.
Message 16 of 42
j_t_g
Guide

I have had the same issue since at least 4/9/18 and I've also restarted the router, swapped the cable, connected the router to a different ISP, and upgraded my firmware to 2.1.3.4 (which for some reason the Orbi couldn't autoupdate to. I've attempted to open a ticket and was told that the appropriate teams would be informed. I also tried sending a tweet which has so far been ignored. It seems like Netgear is having an outage to the service that provides the speed test OOKLA, but it's difficult to fully determine the cause of the issue. Nevertheless, it would be nice if someone on their side actually resolved the issue prompty. Please feel free to retweet to try to get some attention for this issue. https://twitter.com/bokonon_tweets/status/983722281519099905.

Message 17 of 42
harold8860
Tutor

I having the same issue with the app and also at my computer. Issue seem to have started soon after I installed the latest firmware.

Message 18 of 42
JesseDiaz
Guide

Same issue on an iphone X.  Seems to have started when I updated to firmware 2.1.3.4

Message 19 of 42
RocketSquirrel
Luminary

@JesseDiaz wrote:

Same issue on an iphone X.  Seems to have started when I updated to firmware 2.1.3.4

I don’t think it’s firmware related. We’re all seeing the problem on all fw versions. Almost certainly on the NG back end. 

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 20 of 42
j_t_g
Guide

I received a full response from Netgear support. They are aware that their connection to OOKLA is down and they are working on it. Full message below.

Thanks for contacting NETGEAR Support.
The speedtest service used by our Orbi Router appears be down at the moment. We are currently working with Ookla on resolving this, and hope for it to be resolved as soon as possible.
Thanks for your patience.

NETGEAR Team
Message 21 of 42
Kimlavorgna
Initiate

Thanks for that update. I'm having the sane issue in my Galaxy S7. Was going crazy uninstalling....resetting router and modem....hopefully they will fix soon
Message 22 of 42
Guanadus
Tutor

Thanks for the update
Please, inform us if you receive the confirmation when the system will be fixed
Message 23 of 42
lukeohana
Aspirant

No connection under Speed Test!  What do I do?  How do I connect my phone to test my Orbi?

Message 24 of 42
HighDesert
Tutor

Same deal here - just installed new Orbi RBK50 system and IOS app for Speed Test does not work off my iPhone 7.    Hopefully NG has this fixed.  Other than that, this is a sweet setup. 

Message 25 of 42
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7