Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connection Issue with Orbi RBK40 and Synology NAS ds214se

yuenkarwai
Tutor

Connection Issue with Orbi RBK40 and Synology NAS ds214se

I had issues while trying to connect the Synology NAS ds214se to the Orbi network using ethernet cable, whereas I tried to login to the orbilogin.com and found out the synology NAS is unseen under the "attached device list". I had dig around in this forum and noticed to set the router into AP mode, but once I changed the router to AP mode, I was no longer be able to connect to the network.

My package bundle with a router and a satellite, in which both the router and satellite had been updated with the latest firmware (V1.12.0.20). Is there anything else I can do with this? Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
TheEther
Guru

Is your Synology set up with a static IP address? If so, devices may not always show up in the attached device list. That doesn't mean it's not working. A device with a static IP address will typically only show up if traffic from that device is seen by the Orbi. This usually means that the device has to either ping the Orbi or send traffic to the Internet. Local traffic may not necessarily be "seen".

Don't go changing from router to AP mode without a good reason. They do very different things. Without a router, most home networks will stop working.
Message 2 of 5
yuenkarwai
Tutor

I guess yes, it was set as static IP, is there anyway I can solve with this?
Message 3 of 5
TheEther
Guru

Switch the Synology back to using DHCP. Set up a DHCP reservation on the Orbi. This will provide the Synology with a stable IP address.
Message 4 of 5
yuenkarwai
Tutor

Thanks Ether, it seem to be working now!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7