Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connection non-orbi AP to orbi network

tez123z
Tutor

Connection non-orbi AP to orbi network

Hey guys - trying to connect an Engenius Enstation 5 AC to the RBR50 wirelessly as another AP for my Orbi network. They don't want to talk at all - i feel like i've exhausted all possible configurations. What am I missing? Is this not possible? Gateway is set to router gateway channel matches. I even tried to reserve the IP .100 on the Orbi - no dice. They don't what to be friends - Any help would be very much appreciated!

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
tez123z
Tutor

Yes - thanks for that share - i'm not sure why i couldn't find a resource that layed out the specifics of the config - i found some user manuals but not one like that. Kudos! I'm online

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Is this the product you are talking about?

https://www.engeniustech.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/EnStation5-AC-User-Manual.pdf

If so, which "mode" are you using (starting on page 25 of the User Manual)?  It appears (to me) that Engenius and Orbi are two entirely different products.  Orbi is intended to create a single SSID at 2.4 and 5G  that covers one "house", and Engenius is a company that provides networks to span large distances.  My guess is Orbi is broadcasting an SSID and looking for clients asking to connect.  That's not what Engenius appears to do (connect to an AP).  So, pointing an Engenius at Orbi won't accomplish anything.

Others have more network experience than I do, so I could be totally wrong.  You could always email the nice people in Costa Mesa and ask them?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 2 of 4
tez123z
Tutor

Yes - thanks for that share - i'm not sure why i couldn't find a resource that layed out the specifics of the config - i found some user manuals but not one like that. Kudos! I'm online

Message 3 of 4
tez123z
Tutor

Solution was to set to “Client bridge” Mode and add the SSID with password - Orbi had a AP MAC address broadcasting off the router and the Enstation was able to connect to that. Honestly I think I could’ve figure it out if the GUI for the Enstation was a little cleaner. Heads up if anyone has to deal with that
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7