Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connectivity Issues with wired and wifi

JEM630
Aspirant

Connectivity Issues with wired and wifi

I recently installed a new cable modem the Netgear Nighthawk CM1150V when i upgraded my internet speed to 1Gbps and had set it up with my Orbi Wifi System RBK23 with router RBR20 and two satellites RBS20. Firmware for the Orbi is V2.3.1.44 and the Nighthawk V2.02.03

My issue is cable modem is moved and gets rebooted, i would loose either the wired connection and the wifi connection. so in order to regain connectivity, i would reboot again, to  gain wired connectivity, but not wifi connectivity. which leads me back to going to the diagnotics process all over again via the orbi app and orbilogin.net, which get me to rebooting my system all over again. repeatedly until the wired and wifi internet connection gets through. but this process and go one for hours. I've gone through two factory resets all ready with customer service on the phone. this is getting aggravating for $300 wifi router and $260 modem, i shouldn't be going through this much problem. 

any help would be great appreciated.  

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice, RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 5
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

>> router RBR20 and two satellites RBS20...

Is RBR20 is in AP mode?

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Has the Orbi system worked before the new modem? 

Did you have a prior modem working with the Orbi system? 

If the CM is new and exhibiting problems, you might want to post the CM modem forum to get help with the new modem...

Message 3 of 5
JEM630
Aspirant

Yes, the Orbi worked for a bit with the new modem (Netgear Nighthawk CM1150V) and worked completely with the previous modem (ARRIS BGW210-700). but i decided to move the new modem three times, so i had to turn the router and the modem off each time.

its just that when i turn them both back on. the Orbi does not connect to the internet. but if i hook up an ethernet cable from the CM1150V to my computer I can connect to the internet. but the ethernet onnect from the CM1150V to the Orbi, the app says the wire is connected but it just doesn't have internet connection

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I would post here and ask about the new CM modem:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

Sounds like something going on with the modem.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7