Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Constant VPN reconnecting since upgrading to firmware V2.5.1.8

jasonreams
Tutor

Constant VPN reconnecting since upgrading to firmware V2.5.1.8

I was on I think a v2.3 firmware with 1 router 1 satellite. RBS50S and RBS50R. I bought a new RBS50S and it required a firmware upgrade. At least it looked required. I did the upgrade. Connected the other satellite. My work VPN has been solid for 10 months. I have had the Orbi I think almost 2 years now. No problems. New Satellite on other side of the house. I am WIRED and not using WIFI and now my VPN is constantly reconnecting. I am curious if anyone else has seen this. It is a CISCO VPN. I cannot share too many details on the VPN because of security reasons. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? IF this fails, try downgrading to last working version of FW.

@jasonreams wrote:

I was on I think a v2.3 firmware with 1 router 1 satellite. RBS50S and RBS50R. I bought a new RBS50S and it required a firmware upgrade. At least it looked required. I did the upgrade. Connected the other satellite. My work VPN has been solid for 10 months. I have had the Orbi I think almost 2 years now. No problems. New Satellite on other side of the house. I am WIRED and not using WIFI and now my VPN is constantly reconnecting. I am curious if anyone else has seen this. It is a CISCO VPN. I cannot share too many details on the VPN because of security reasons. 

Message 2 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@jasonreams wrote:

this is your problem...V2.5.1.8

get rid of it

Message 3 of 7
jasonreams
Tutor

I found the problem. At the same time of the firmware upgrade my company had a VPN issue and others saw the same problem. What a coinincidence. It has not happened since. 

Message 4 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Oh, my. A problem NOT caused by firmware 2.5.1.8.  Thanks for sharing the resolution.

VPN is becomming ever more important in this time of "Work from Home."

Glad you found a solution.

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Thank you for letting us know that you got it solved and it wasn't a problem caused by FW. Smiley Wink

FW usually isn't a problem. Application and configuration is more likely. 

Be sure to mack a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@jasonreams wrote:

I found the problem. At the same time of the firmware upgrade my company had a VPN issue and others saw the same problem. What a coinincidence. It has not happened since. 

Message 6 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

FW usually isn't a problem.

there you go again...blind as usual....wake up please....

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7