Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Constantly dropping connectivity

SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@orbi_woes 

Congrat on your latest success!

It seems that sat_2 was not able to establish good backhaul to sat_1 due to weak signal.  Therefore, sat_2 switches over to 2.4G.

What were speedtest results?

Were they above 2.4G bw limit?

v210 has stronger and better signal.  You can give that a shot and downgrade from v44 to v210 and see if backhaul signals improve.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 26 of 29
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

If you haven't already tried, give this a shot as well.

If you have Preamble Mode set to Automatic, change it to "Short Preamble", which can improve performance.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 27 of 29
orbi_woes
Aspirant

Speedtest results were between 35 - 45Mbps. From the master router they were about 45Mbps so I was pretty pleased with the outcome.

There's not a significant difference in the sppedtest results for be to roll back the FW versions. Here in the UK, 45Mbps over wifi is pretty good.

As the sat-2 was showing a 2.4Ghz connection in the web app, I was surprised to see my iphone showing as 5Ghz, whilst connecting through the sat-2.

Solar guys came this afternoon and moved the inverter antenna outside my IP65 cab so I will mess about with that over the weekend, to see if I can get it hooked up to my master router.

Outside office should be ready by Monday so I'll start moving kit into there and report back later on performance via sat-2.

Have a great weekend y'all.

Message 28 of 29
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

The 2.4GHz is the backaul connection.  The client still can make 5GHz connection to Satellite regardless of the backhaul back to the main Router.  Since your max download speed is 45Mbps, it's still within the range of 2.4GHz bw and you won't benefit from 5Ghz bw in this case.  A "Poor" backhaul connection in this case won't have performance impact on your setup unless you upgrade to Gbits download speed.  If you are able to get 45Mbps in all area of interest, then you are golden.

Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7