Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Content loading issues over WiFi for Orbi RBR50

frank9862
Tutor

Content loading issues over WiFi for Orbi RBR50

When I first bought my Orbi in March, I had no problems with install or connecting all of our home devices to the system. Sometime in mid-may,  I briefly unplugged the surge protector to which the Orbi was connected. Once I plugged the Orbi back in, I have been having problems with my older devices either not connecting at all (Xbox One) or having a very slow connection (Roku 2 XS).  All of our Apple IOs devices and our Roku 3 work fine.   

I have tried multiple factory resets and changing the SSID and this has not solved the problem so far.  Any recommendations

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
frank9862
Tutor

Re: Content loading issues over WiFi for Orbi RBR50

I am going to answer my own questions here. 

Roku 2 Issue: I gave in and purchased a Roku Express, surmising the Roku 2 was so old I was not going to find any support on that end.  New Roku Express worked like a charm. 

Xbox Issue: I ended up executing a factory reset on the Xbox and that solved the connection issue.  Unclear if there was any correlation to the firmware update on the Orbi side, but problem fixed regardless. 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Frank9862

Are the devices that are having issues connected to the satellite or the main router?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
wchp
Luminary

DarrenM,  

How would one determine that?

In the 1.10.x.x firmware the connected devices no longer show what is connecting to the Router vs a Satellite.

Is there a page we can navigate to, enabling us to determine what is connecting to which? (fully qualified URL?)

If you log into the Satellite the connected devices page table doesn't load either!?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Wchp

Logging into the satellite is the easiest way to tell mine is showing what is connected on the latest firmware. Have you tried to power cycle the satellite?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 7
wchp
Luminary

Hello DarrenM

Yes, have tried power cycling the Satellites. When I log into the Sats and select "Connected Devices" all I get is "Please wait a moment..." and a counter-clockwise spinning set of dots in a circle. It never loads the device table.

This is on a MAC running OSX 10.12.5 and tried using both Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)

and Safari Version 10.1.1 (12603.2.4).

I Also tried loading the Connected Devices table from a satellite in a Chrome Browser on IOS 10.3.2

RBR and both RBS's are running V1.10.1.2 firmware

The full device table does Load on the RBR but no longer displays connections by satellite like it did previously (prior to the firmware update that is).

WCHP

Message 5 of 7
frank9862
Tutor

Main Router. I have actually switched off the satellite so I can eliminate a variable so this is not currently in play. 

Message 6 of 7
frank9862
Tutor

I am going to answer my own questions here. 

Roku 2 Issue: I gave in and purchased a Roku Express, surmising the Roku 2 was so old I was not going to find any support on that end.  New Roku Express worked like a charm. 

Xbox Issue: I ended up executing a factory reset on the Xbox and that solved the connection issue.  Unclear if there was any correlation to the firmware update on the Orbi side, but problem fixed regardless. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7