Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D6200 and Orbi

bowler900
Tutor

D6200 and Orbi

I have had a D6200 ADSL/ADSL2 WiFi Router for some years, I am in the process of purchasing Orbi as I am unable to cover the house just with the router.

2 Questions: Is orbi compatible with the D6200

What do I need to set on the D6200 (my ISP requires login and I have fixed IP)

Many thanks for the communities help.

Message 1 of 7
samulel
Guide

You can use D6200 gateway with Orbi, either you can configure orbi on AP or Router Mode.

If you configure in AP you do not want to make any changes on the D6200  just conenct to one end Ethernet to LAN D6200 other end to WAN Orbi and if you want on Router mode try to bridge the D6200 by going to Advanced ->advanced setup-> Device mode ->select modem only to bridge and apply the ISP credentials on the Orbi Basic->Internet->select does your internet connection required login "yes" input  the credentilas and apply

Message 2 of 7
bowler900
Tutor

I need it in router mode as I have run out of MAC address slots on the D6200 which I use to control access.

I assume Orbi is able to handle more than the D6200 can.

Message 3 of 7
samulel
Guide

Yes, Technically you can connect 253 devices since the DHCP ip range from xx.xx.xx.(0-254), and for sure it is more powerfull than D6200.

Message 4 of 7
bowler
Aspirant

Typically the Wireless Card Access List on the D6200 holds 64 entries which is more than my previous Netgear router I am hoping that Orbi can accomodate more as when my grandchildren appear with numberous devices I dont have to keep editing the list or leaving the WiFi open for them.

How many items can Orbi handle in its Wireless Card Access List?

Message 5 of 7
samulel
Guide

D6200  each band support 32 clients so totally 64 clients and Orbi is triband on sinlge SSID so it will support 96 wireless Clients .ca

Message 6 of 7
samulel
Guide

D6200  each band support 32 clients so totally 64 clients and Orbi is triband on sinlge SSID so it will support 96 wireless Clients. And each unit coverage is 2000 Sqft so that is good Choice.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7