Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DO NOT UPGRADE RBR/RBS40 to 2.3.5.30 YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

SuperSeven
Guide

I'm having major isues with this firmware.

Wi-fi on Apple devices keeps failing.They appear connected, but don't work.

(At the same time non-apple devices continue working without issue)

Message 26 of 40
gr8sho
Virtuoso

@FURRYe38 wrote:

v2.3.5.30 is stable. Runing in AP mode currently. Zero issues. 

My $0.02.  I'd love to see someone like yourself run the Orbi in router mode.   

Message 27 of 40
NomadTech
Guide

Looks like your problem is actually with Apple devices, not Netgear. Apple used non-standard software in their networking devices which led many incompatibilities with non-Apple devices. Some time ago they got out of the networking business.

I have RBK 53 running in router mode with this particular firmware with absolutely no issues.

Message 28 of 40
SuperSeven
Guide

"Looks like your problem is actually with Apple devices"

I've had multiple wifi devices (Apple and non-Apple) working fine for over a year with Orbi.

It was immediately following this Orbi update that I started getting Apple device issues.

I have now downgraded the firmware, and all is back to working fine, so it's defo the Netgear firmware

Message 29 of 40
inteller
Apprentice

Hey I warned you!
Message 30 of 40
FURRYe38
Guru

Been many others NOT having any issues with Apple devices. Including me as well. I have a few, both older and newer. Seen many issues on Orbi. Mostly resolved by a factory reset and setup from scratch after a FW update. Lucky ones are the ones who don't have to reset. Probably systems that are not mis-configured by users to begin with. Enjoy. 

@NomadTech wrote:

Looks like your problem is actually with Apple devices, not Netgear. Apple used non-standard software in their networking devices which led many incompatibilities with non-Apple devices. Some time ago they got out of the networking business.

I have RBK 53 running in router mode with this particular firmware with absolutely no issues.

Message 31 of 40
inteller
Apprentice

"Lucky ones are the ones who don't have to reset"

I singled that out so you could read that by itself and see how ridiculous it sounds. It is 2019 and luck should have zero to do with updating your network firmware from one release to the next. Stop being a netgear apologist for their shoddy development and release practices!
Message 32 of 40
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 33 of 40
CReinhard
Aspirant

System worked fine until FW 2.3.5.30 now were back to having to reboot constantly inorder to have Wan conection ,, THe Orbi sustem is the only thing on the network I have no Modem I use Airfiber which a Point to point data conetion directly to the ISP ,  There antena is powered by a POE injector , I can plug a laptop directly into it and thats fine , all points to this latest firmware wen can we expect a fix ?

Message 34 of 40
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@CReinhard wrote:

System worked fine until FW 2.3.5.30 now were back to having to reboot constantly inorder to have Wan conection ,, 

Did you do a 'manual' update?

Message 35 of 40
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@gr8sho wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

v2.3.5.30 is stable. Runing in AP mode currently. Zero issues. 

My $0.02.  I'd love to see someone like yourself run the Orbi in router mode.   

My Orbi is in router mode.  Always has been.  Oh but wait.....I DON'T do manual updates.

Message 36 of 40
CReinhard
Aspirant

I am running in Router mode .. I did some tweeking today and the system is  more stable .. Messed the Qos .. Reality is the Firware is the issue here they need to fix it .. There sould be no reason for the wan to keep droopping on a point to point setup where no other systems are infront of the router ..

Message 37 of 40
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@CReinhard wrote:

I am running in Router mode .. I did some tweeking today and the system is  more stable .. Messed the Qos .. Reality is the Firware is the issue here they need to fix it .. There sould be no reason for the wan to keep droopping on a point to point setup where no other systems are infront of the router ..

Did you do a 'manual' update?

Message 38 of 40
inteller
Apprentice

it doesn't matter if you do a manual or automatic update.  Months later and still no fix for this disaster of a firmware update.

Message 39 of 40
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@inteller wrote:

it doesn't matter if you do a manual or automatic update.  Months later and still no fix for this disaster of a firmware update.

Perhaps...but IF you allowed the system to do a auto update and then your network crashed, you might feel better knowing you had nothing to do with it.

Message 40 of 40
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 39 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7