Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Daisy chain has enabled itself!

AndyKnight
Aspirant

Daisy chain has enabled itself!

I bought my rbk30 set and an additional satellite so my bundle is 1 X rbr40 and 2 X rbw30's. It's been up for 2 weeks roughly.
Out of the box set to AP mode via web interface and upgraded everything to 2.1.2.18 before it was withdrawn.
I disabled daisy chain in the web UI as the router is on my middle floor with one satellite on the floor above and one on the floor below. I also disabled implicit beam forming. The other 2 options are on and I have restarted the system since disabling Daisey chaining.
Today I have found that one of my satellites has connected to the other satellite via 2.4ghz for no good reason that I can see. Why has it done this when I have disabled daisy chaining?? Since setup both satellites have until this issue been showing as connecting directly to the router on 5ghz with a good connection rating.
The only other config I have made is to separate out my 2.4 and 5ghz networks to different SSID's.
Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
AndyKnight
Aspirant

Re: Daisy chain has enabled itself!

I've re-enabled daisy chain in the web gui which triggered a reboot.  I then disabled it again in the web gui which gave another reboot.

I guess all I can do is monitor it to see if my satellites magically start connecting to one another and raise a support call if they do.  Based on other users experience of NG support that's not an option I'm keen to explore!

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7