Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Daisy chain order

tgaertne
Tutor

Daisy chain order

How does Orbi decide to daisy chain vs star network? I have my satellites set up in a way I wanted them to daisy chain. When I first set them up, they worked that way and now for some reason both satellites are reading off the main router. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Daisy chain order

Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try putting the remote RBS out at a farther distance to see if it will connect to the 2nd RBS. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Daisy Chain is enabled on the RBR? 

Try a reboot of the RBR only while leaving the RBS on. 

Message 2 of 7
tgaertne
Tutor

3000 square feet. I am within 30 from one to the next. Where do I find spot to enable daisy chain?
Message 3 of 7
tgaertne
Tutor

Ok. I found setting and it is enabled. I also tried to reboot. Still won’t daisy chain
Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try putting the remote RBS out at a farther distance to see if it will connect to the 2nd RBS. 

Message 5 of 7
tgaertne
Tutor

That worked! Moving it a bit further. So next question is now none of the devices I wanted to have connect to the furthest daisy chained satellite are connecting to it. They are going to the one before it in the daisy chain. Any tips there? Thank you!!!
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Most devices pick and choose what signal is best for them. Nothing you can do to change that on Orbi. 

Glad the RBS finally connected. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7