Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DaisyChain Setting

Chuck_M
Mentor

DaisyChain Setting

I have read with great interest these forums which are very helpful.

A thread or two in here talks to the correct setting for the Daisychain option... but I remain skeptacle/confused on how mine should be set.

Some have said that the setting is "reversed"

Question:  If the satellite (and subsequent sattelites) are "behind each other" (e.g. in serial configuration), should that setting be checked or unchecked?

If the router maintains a direct connection to each sattelite (e.g. parallel connection) via wired backhaul or wireless,  should that setting be checked or unchecked?

Appreciate the insight as I have another sattelite to install over the next few days

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: DaisyChain Setting

I've lost the posts however others have said here in the forums that with v210, for some reason the features seems to be working differently. I'll try and find it again...

Checked. 

Unchecked

Unchecked when wired back haul connected. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

From what I gather, the option should be UN-checked if your using v210. Checked means disabled. 

Message 2 of 6
Chuck_M
Mentor

Checked means disabled?  Awesome & interesting!  Has that been verified or just tribal knowledge?

Now the remainder of the questions to be answered are:

1. If sattelites are connected in SERIAL to the router, is that checked or unchecked?
  2. If sattelites are connected in PARALLEL to the router, is that checked or unchecked?
  3. Does it matter if they are Wired or wireless back to router?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I've lost the posts however others have said here in the forums that with v210, for some reason the features seems to be working differently. I'll try and find it again...

Checked. 

Unchecked

Unchecked when wired back haul connected. 

Message 4 of 6
Chuck_M
Mentor

And final question (for now!)

Since the "Checking" is reversed, is it also reversed on the other settings on that screen (e.g. beamforming etc)?

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe the only option that is effected is Daisy Chain. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7