Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Defect: OrbiOS 2.1.1.12 Attached Devices Widget & Page

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Defect: OrbiOS 2.1.1.12 Attached Devices Widget & Page

In 2.1.12, the Attached Devices widget on the intitial page and the actual Attached Devices page do not populate even though devices and satellites are connected.

Factory reset was performed multiple times and the problem persists.

ad.png

Also reported by others at the thread below.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Announcing-availability-of-OrbiOS-2-1/m-p/1447612#M16893

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 69

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

OP here:

I purchased an Eero yesterday (3 unit 2nd gen and 1 beacon) and received it around 6 PM.  It was set up and has now run 16 hours without a single disconnect among 62 continually connected devices, or disconnects from another 30 devices that connect periodically as measured by a Fingbox, not anecdotal observation.

Other than having to enter about 30 port forwarding rules via an app versus a web interface, the setup was brainless and provides great feedback on node placement signal strength!

My RBK50 system with a router and 2 sats is packed in its boxes and on Craigslist.  So glad to finally have stable wifi thanks to Eero!!

View solution in original post

Message 50 of 69

All Replies
TonyTiger
Aspirant

Hello,

Strange because it works for me?

Message 2 of 69
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@TonyTiger wrote:

Hello,

Strange because it works for me?

spinkick also reported it in the above mentioned thread.

Message 3 of 69
tomsliwowski
Apprentice

No issue here. Did an upgrade from 2.0.0.74 with no resets.

Capture.JPG

Message 4 of 69
aani75
Apprentice

I am having the same problem.

Message 5 of 69
Retired_Member
Not applicable

mkenny28 also reported it on the thread mentioned above.
Message 6 of 69
AmitR
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We'll look into it.  Btw, do you see the same issue using the Orbi Mobile App?  

Orbi Product Team

Message 7 of 69
aani75
Apprentice

Nop, Mobile app is fine to show # of satellites connected but Mobile app also unable to display connected device list. 

Message 8 of 69
aani75
Apprentice

I was able to see connected devices if I manually reboot each satellite and once satellites are resynced. However, if I again reboot only router, it again starts showing 0 connected devices both in app and web interface.

Message 9 of 69
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@AmitR wrote:

We'll look into it.  Btw, do you see the same issue using the Orbi Mobile App?  

Orbi Product Team

Orbi Product Team,

Some where in the back of my mind I seem to remember the first boot on a firmware having Orbi do something with the Attached Devices that takes several hours, especially with a bunch of devices, discovery?  My Orbi CPU is between 75% and 80% for the past 6+ hours since it booted up on the new firmware.  Is that normal?  (I have between 70-90 devices connected at any time).  Thank you.

Message 10 of 69
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you guys tried to clear your browser cache or use another web browser? or even use another device to access the attached devices page?

DarrenM

Message 11 of 69
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@DarrenM wrote:

Have you guys tried to clear your browser cache or use another web browser? or even use another device to access the attached devices page?

DarrenM

I have done so.  I've used Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.  I've tried from 2 HP laptops, 2 Dell laptops, a Surface Pro 2017, a Surfact Pro 3, and an HP desktop.

Message 12 of 69
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Thanks for confirming this I will see what I can find out about this issue.

DarrenM

Message 13 of 69
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@DarrenM wrote:

Thanks for confirming this I will see what I can find out about this issue.

DarrenM

I went ahead and factory reset all of the sats and router and configured manually again.  Still no Attached Devices page, but the CPU Load continues to be VERY high, 80%-95% 27 minutes after boot.  

Message 14 of 69
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The router didn't "settle down" overnight.  CPU remains at 70%-90%.  Strangely, the Attached Devices Page HAD populated by this morning ~10-12 hours later.

HOWEVER, it's reflecting the satellites as below, but BOTH are connected and can be logged into and have devices connected to them.  Very strange... the CPU being the strangest part.

ad2.jpg

Message 15 of 69
aani75
Apprentice

Hmm, interesting. I got the devices list both in App and Web this morning almost after 16 hours. I then disconnected one of the satellites to relocate. While the satellite was still unplugged, the web interface keeps showing 3 satellites connected while App says 2 satellite connected (which is correct).  I kept the satellite disconnected for atleast 15-20 minutes and Web interface still shows it as connected with Good signal.

P.S how do you see the CPU usage on the router and satellites?

Message 16 of 69
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@aani75 wrote:

P.S how do you see the CPU usage on the router and satellites?

/debug.htm in the browser after the hostname/IP of the router or sat

Message 17 of 69
aani75
Apprentice

thanks.

I just monitored for  5 minutes and my CPU load is kept above 90% while hardly 1 or 2 devices are online.  

Message 18 of 69
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@aani75 wrote:

thanks.

I just monitored for  5 minutes and my CPU load is kept above 90% while hardly 1 or 2 devices are online.  

Yep, the entire wireless part of the router resets about every hour... SSID's disappear and it cycles.  I can see it occur on a WIFI monitoring app I run on a distant Surface Pro 3 I use as a photo frame.

Something is borked. and it overheats, and then restarts the wireless.

Message 19 of 69
spinkick
Apprentice

Mine finally populated after serveral hours, however if I reset it goes blank for a long while. I'm also having an issue where the router isnt allowing more than 50 meg speed, however there have bee no disconnects. I'm wondering if the cpu is being crushed somehow. Cpu appears to be at 70 percent for the router (however its a snapshot maybe and load is partly bringing up the debug.htm website?)

Message 20 of 69
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@spinkick wrote:

(however its a snapshot maybe and load is partly bringing up the debug.htm website?)

A good theory, but that page didn't cause it to do that previously.

Message 21 of 69
aani75
Apprentice

Exactly same behavior here.

Message 22 of 69
aani75
Apprentice

Any suspicion on Disney Circle functionality. Disney circle was able to see and list all the devices while Orbi router was showing 0 devices connected to both Web and App.

Message 23 of 69
aani75
Apprentice

Guys at Netgear. Pls. try to fix this problem ASAP. The overheating may cause damage to ORBI router.

Message 24 of 69
st_shaw
Master

@TXGunLover wrote:

The router didn't "settle down" overnight.  CPU remains at 70%-90%.  Strangely, the Attached Devices Page HAD populated by this morning ~10-12 hours later.

HOWEVER, it's reflecting the satellites as below, but BOTH are connected and can be logged into and have devices connected to them.  Very strange... the CPU being the strangest part.

Something is wrong there.  My CPU shows 6.25% after 16 hours of uptime.  I'm in AP mode on the latest 2.1 FW.

Maybe you have bad hardware or malicious code on the router?

You could try logging into the router via telnet and running "top" to see what's eating the CPU. 

Message 25 of 69
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7