Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Defect: OrbiOS 2.1.1.12 Attached Devices Widget & Page

jmschnur923
Luminary

My satellites show from the sat login show no attached devices. However the router says there are some.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 51 of 69
woolyninja
Aspirant

On v2.1.1.12 None of the Attached Devices are showing they are connected to the Satellite. At first it showed one or two but now everything says Orbi Router. Add to that the fact that every once in a while my internet now slows to a crawl and I'm quite disappointed. I really wish my Orbi wasn't automatically upgraded (to v2.0.0.74) as it was working great on the version it shipped with. Now I'm forced to return this and continue my search for a router / mesh system that'll just work.

Message 52 of 69
vcdx71
Star

@AmitR wrote:

We'll look into it.  Btw, do you see the same issue using the Orbi Mobile App?  

Orbi Product Team

The mobile app, and the beta mobile app, show the number of satelites but both show no devices just like the web.

Also seeing really high CPU usage after only a couple hours of up time.

Message 53 of 69
jmschnur923
Luminary

For me the mobile app shows a number of devices attached not showing where. 

The web sat login shows no attached devices.

The router web login shows the stats and and their status.  However the attached devices are not all shown.

Message 54 of 69
dmsmith13
Aspirant

I am seeing the same as others, first showed no devices attached. Some now are showing up (approx 35 showing). But, nothing is showing connected to the Satellite unit, everything only connected to the router. Hard to know if this is just a display issue or something with the new firmware is actually preventing things from connecting to the Satellite. I even have one device that is Ethernet direct to the Satellite and it is not showing up! CPU on the router is showing high (70-80%). 

Message 55 of 69
alixvincent
Tutor

Dumb question. How do you check cpu utilization on the Orbi router?
Message 56 of 69
tomsliwowski
Apprentice

@alixvincent wrote:
Dumb question. How do you check cpu utilization on the Orbi router?

Go to <ip address of router or satellite>/debug.htm

Message 57 of 69
jmschnur923
Luminary

40.23%

Message 58 of 69
alixvincent
Tutor

Thank you!!!! My CPU load seems to hover around 30-40%. Not sure what normal is under if no significant WiFi activity is happening. Running v 2.0.0.74.  

Message 59 of 69
jmschnur923
Luminary

My iPads work fine throughout the house but do not show as attached devices on any sat.

couod be the reporting is wrong but the function is fine? The router shows then as router attached.

Router is in AP mode 42% CPU.

Message 60 of 69
mastervisa30
Luminary

Im testing firmware 2.1.1.12 little bitt more.

I can not se all my Attached Devices on web browser and app.Have tried reset,I have tried everything.

cpu on my router is 67.79%

satellite 1 32.67%

satellite 2 16.21%

The only problem I have is the chance of a little high cpu and that I do not see all devices on the web and app (also applies to the beta app) otherwise never lose or lose signal or the internet, never had anything dropped out, have more ipad , ip camera, xbox, laptops philips hue system nest protect iphones many other things so this is the best I've had for a long time, as said one problem i can say i have is high cpu and can not see all devices but if i goes back to Firmware Version 2.0.0.76 so everything works.Have had this now in a month about no drop outs here.this have been the best for me,good coverage and no droop out,my wife and kids says this have been the best,so far.

I have tried asus lyra and linksys velop(to many bugs)tried ac5300 but my wife didnt like it(ugly)so im testing a little more,then i thing im going back to version 76 beta whit noe problems at all for me,and wait for next realese.

A bit expensive system, but the best I hate tested for a long time when I just want a network (one wifi name)

I bought this for 630USD(on sale november Norway)rbk53 system.

Message 61 of 69
Rich4
Aspirant

Spent 2 hours yesterday with a Netgear Engineer remotely logged into my PC. We even tried an unreleased 2.1.1.10 and had the same issues as reported with 2.1.1.12 so it looks as something was broken earlier. He took lots of debug logs and screen shots. He said the development team will receive his report tomorrow. Looks like they are taking the issues seriously. Just wished they had done their testing before release and saved everyone hours of frustration.
Message 62 of 69
cmftblynu
Star

Ever Since V2.1.1.12, I have had nothing but networking nightmares.  We play steam online lan games and everyone kept losing their wifi connection (except the hard wired computers).  Now the router won't see ANY of the sattelites... I think they are connected, because they glowed white then turned pink then blue, then the light turns off, and it seems like things have wifi signals, but it is showing 0 sattelites connected, and almost no devices.  My wifi signals have been horrific, I used to pull down over 300 mbs, and now I am lucky if I can get 30.  WHAT DID YOU DO TO US NETGEAR, you just broke my entire house, we run smart things, doorbells, HVAC, lights... and it is all a mess... I am really considering going back to another router company because of all of this.

Message 63 of 69
spinkick
Apprentice

I, too had tons of problems with this firmware. I dont understand why net gear can't make this hardware work after all of this time. I get the feeling they are relying on the chipset Manufacturers to make it right and all they do is build features around what they are given.

Anyway, I was only getting 40 mbps on my devices as well with this firmware. I have up and went back to the 2.0.76 firmware and it's been much more stable and getting full speed again.

Netgear, what is the problem?
Message 64 of 69
JMU1998
Luminary

Has anyone tried a nvram clear? Does a factory reset clear nvram as well? 

Message 65 of 69
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm going to suggest what should be a silly thing, but it had an affect on my RBK50. Save the current config to a backup, and then restore it.

You may have to reset the whole thing after 15 minutes if the satellites don't reconnect, but after that both satellites connected and I now see all devices in the list and network is stable. (though the list is still wrong saying that all my devices are connected to the router instead of the satellites, and they need to fix this ASAP.)

This should not really be a possible fix for anything if everything worked perfectly, but there are obvious upgrade bugs in this firmware that are doing something funky, and a restore seems to change it enough to make it work.

Message 66 of 69
ratickle
Apprentice

@JMU1998 wrote:

Has anyone tried a nvram clear? Does a factory reset clear nvram as well? 

This is an important question.  Can anyone out there answer it?

Do we have to use telnet to clear nvram?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 67 of 69
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I don't know for sure, but someone mentioned that doing a reset does not clear nvram completely because they've seen some settings that carried over in the config after a reset. Only doing it through telnet does that apparently. 

However, I've never found it necessary to do that, even after upgrading the very old 1.0 firmware when I first aquired the device from costco 3 months ago.

Message 68 of 69
Cotedan
Apprentice

Device map in Genie does not always populate correctly with latest update. Not sure why. Have to redo several times for the map to get it right. 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 69 of 69
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7