Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Defect: OrbiOS 2.1.1.12- High CPU Utilization

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Defect: OrbiOS 2.1.1.12- High CPU Utilization

Since the upgrade to 2.1.1.12, CPU usage has run greater than 70% at all times on the Orbi RBR50 due to net-scan process.  This causes the router to reboot under moderate to high loads.

Multiple reports in this thread related to Attached Devices not working: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Defect-OrbiOS-2-1-1-12-Attached-Devices-Widget-amp-Page/m-p/14...0

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

OP here:

I purchased an Eero yesterday (3-unit 2nd gen and 1 beacon) and received it around 6 PM.  It was set up and has now run 16 hours without a single disconnect among 62 continually connected devices, or disconnects from another 30 devices that connect periodically as measured by a Fingbox, not anecdotal observation.

Other than having to enter about 30 port forwarding rules via an app versus a web interface, the setup was brainless and provides great feedback on node placement signal strength!

My RBK50 system with a router and 2 sats is packed in its boxes and on Craigslist.  So glad to finally have stable wifi thanks to Eero!!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9

All Replies
harshakavuri
Guide

happening same to me

every few hours both the router and 2 satellites are restarting due to high cpu usage

Message 2 of 9
harshakavuri
Guide

rolled back to previous firmware and cpu utilization is back to normal and no reboots

Message 3 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I did the same as well.  I can confirm it's more stable (some devices still disconnect as they have for months), but it doesn't reboot every 25 minutes.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 4 of 9
DDK134
Tutor

Where do you see/get the CPU utilization??

Message 5 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

http://[hostname/IP]/debug.htm

Message 6 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

OP here:

I purchased an Eero yesterday (3-unit 2nd gen and 1 beacon) and received it around 6 PM.  It was set up and has now run 16 hours without a single disconnect among 62 continually connected devices, or disconnects from another 30 devices that connect periodically as measured by a Fingbox, not anecdotal observation.

Other than having to enter about 30 port forwarding rules via an app versus a web interface, the setup was brainless and provides great feedback on node placement signal strength!

My RBK50 system with a router and 2 sats is packed in its boxes and on Craigslist.  So glad to finally have stable wifi thanks to Eero!!

Message 7 of 9
cue003
Apprentice

How is the performance of the Eero at their main unit and across the sats? Do you get big drops in speed as a client moves around or if their are multiple hops?
Message 8 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@cue003 wrote:
How is the performance of the Eero at their main unit and across the sats? Do you get big drops in speed as a client moves around or if their are multiple hops?

I haven't been able to test that yet but will definitley do so.  I can confirm I was able to simultaneously stream to two 2nd gen Fire TV's 4k content without any hiccup.  They're connected to different erro nodes.

I suspect, based on the implementation, that Orbi will always be faster, but the constant meant I couldn't even get through 60 minute TV programs without 6-8 disconnects.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7