Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Despite disabling autoupdate via telnet, infected by 2.1.4 and now I can't see my printer

Despite disabling autoupdate via telnet, infected by 2.1.4 and now I can't see my printer

After months of problems with my Orbi's dying randomly, the V2.1.3.4 "beta" seemed to mostly work. I then locked my router and satellites using the telnet procedure. Or so I thought.

An hour ago, my wife says: Hey the printer isn't working. It worked yesterday.

Sure enough. The device is super flakey on Bonjour. (shows on one machine, not the other, then vanishes).

I have this horror-movie moment as I pull up the Orbi settings page and find: Version 2.1.4.10. $!@%!%

My Orbis are going back to Costco, even if only to be recycled. 

After that, I'll be making sure my experiences are top-most visible on whatever review sites I can find. I'll also be poking around Linked In. You'd be surprised how many execs actually respond there. AmitR, if you're actually associated with Orbi Product Management, I strongly question your efforts here. 

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Despite disabling autoupdate via telnet, infected by 2.1.4 and now I can't see my printer

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the suggestion, and maybe a couple days ago I'd have tried it, but I'm no longer interested wasting my time "modulating shield harmonics" to avoid whatever unqualified turds Netgear is looking to send my way. 

I will waste ten minutes making this though. It's brought me more joy than the Orbi ever did. Good luck everyone. 

Orbi v8.png

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck in your endeavours.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7