Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Detecting Satellites - Magenta light - Satellite not found

Detecting Satellites - Magenta light - Satellite not found

Hello folks

I moved my RBS50 to test it in another area, now I plug it back in, it cannot be paired with the RBR50. 

The white light flashes for a while, then blue then magenta.

The app says "detecting satellites" and says "satellite not found" eventually.

????

When I got the Orbi a few weeks ago, I struggled for hours to get my Google Home devices connected. It was such a pain that I ordered a return on Amazon. After several hours I managed to connect all devices and it has behaved fine from then till now, when I am reminded of why I wanted to return this.

I will now try the RESET button, but this scares me as it may mean those hours again of hair pulling torture trying to get all my Google Home devices connected to the Orbi.

EDIT

I just tried RESET,  and it still doesn't work... Detecting Satellites...> Satellite Not Found

Tx

Mark

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Detecting Satellites - Magenta light - Satellite not found

magenta ususally means the sat is too far from the router

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite-mean

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Try connecting and syncing the RBS in the same room as the RBR first. Then if it connects, place back in it's remote location. 

@fredphoesh-orbi wrote:

Hello folks

I moved my RBS50 to test it in another area, now I plug it back in, it cannot be paired with the RBR50. 

The white light flashes for a while, then blue then magenta.

The app says "detecting satellites" and says "satellite not found" eventually.

????

When I got the Orbi a few weeks ago, I struggled for hours to get my Google Home devices connected. It was such a pain that I ordered a return on Amazon. After several hours I managed to connect all devices and it has behaved fine from then till now, when I am reminded of why I wanted to return this.

I will now try the RESET button, but this scares me as it may mean those hours again of hair pulling torture trying to get all my Google Home devices connected to the Orbi.

EDIT

I just tried RESET,  and it still doesn't work... Detecting Satellites...> Satellite Not Found

Tx

Mark

Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Thanks for the response

I had been trying in the same room, right next to one another.

What was not clear in the instructions, though it makes sense, is that one has to press the sync button on both the RBR and RBS devices. I also went to Orbilogin.com and saved the config there, without changing anything... I don't know what eventually made it work, but now both RBR and RBS lighs are OFF which I think means they are paired.

The phone app is a bit confusing as it sometimes had a green light next to the satellite name even when the blue or magenta lights were on. In the graphic depiction of the network, it shows a dotted line between RBR and RBS... presumably that is ok, ie it means connected? I'd have thought a solid line would be a much better depiction, and dotted to show there is a problem.

Anyhow, I am really walking on eggshells with the Orbi, feel like if I move the satellite for any reason, I will have to deal with this again. Surely it should just pair automatically in a minute or so when you power up again?

Thanks for the help,

Mark.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean

Yes after its paired, if you power it OFF and place it in it's remote location, depending on distance and building materials, it will re-pair with the RBR. 

@fredphoesh-orbi wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the response

I had been trying in the same room, right next to one another.

What was not clear in the instructions, though it makes sense, is that one has to press the sync button on both the RBR and RBS devices. I also went to Orbilogin.com and saved the config there, without changing anything... I don't know what eventually made it work, but now both RBR and RBS lighs are OFF which I think means they are paired.

The phone app is a bit confusing as it sometimes had a green light next to the satellite name even when the blue or magenta lights were on. In the graphic depiction of the network, it shows a dotted line between RBR and RBS... presumably that is ok, ie it means connected? I'd have thought a solid line would be a much better depiction, and dotted to show there is a problem.

Anyhow, I am really walking on eggshells with the Orbi, feel like if I move the satellite for any reason, I will have to deal with this again. Surely it should just pair automatically in a minute or so when you power up again?

Thanks for the help,

Mark.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7