Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Device Listing page

pablohoney
Luminary

Device Listing page

Hi,

I have just noticed from logging in remotely to my router using both the iOS app and also logging in remotely via. a browser that my satelite is showing as disconnected but under the normal devices listing the there are devices attached and are working as they are Ring cameras which I can log in remotely to.

There are also a lot of devices missing from the list with only 2-3 devies showing connected when there are normally 20 or so.

Anyone else experiecing this in the past few days when logging in remotely?  It is normally fine and I can see the devices that are attahced but I'm just noticing this since today.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 18
Retired_Member
Not applicable

what firmware are you running?

Message 2 of 18
pablohoney
Luminary

The latest
Message 3 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

Message 4 of 18
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

Factory reset is for lost passwords.

Message 5 of 18
CrimpOn
Guru

@pablohoney wrote:

Anyone else experiecing this in the past few days when logging in remotely?  It is normally fine and I can see the devices that are attahced but I'm just noticing this since today.

Can you please clarify two things:

• Are you saying that there is a difference in the Attached Devices (on both web and app) depending on whether you are on the local network or are remote?
  • Since this phenomenon appeared recently, was the Orbi firmware updated from 2.3.5.30 to 2.5.0.38 about the time this started?

Thanks

Message 6 of 18
pablohoney
Luminary

It was working fine since the last update apart from the known device naming issue.
Message 7 of 18
pablohoney
Luminary

I’m home now and logged on locally and it is saying no devices are connected even though they are!! See attached picture.
Message 8 of 18
Retired_Member
Not applicable

this looks like you're using the Orbi app...?  If so, try logging into the Orbi using a PC/web browser.

Message 9 of 18
pablohoney
Luminary

Nope, it’s the Safari browser on my iPhone.
Message 10 of 18
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Did you ever provide the Orbi firmware version.  Latest as in what?

I would still try logging in via a pc (if available)

Message 11 of 18
pablohoney
Luminary

As per the attached picture above the firmware version is the latest 2.5.0.38

What would differ using a PC to log in?
Message 12 of 18
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@pablohoney wrote:
As per the attached picture above the firmware version is the latest 2.5.0.38

What would differ using a PC to log in?

Here's your problem - 2.5.0.38....do a search.  many posts on this.  Option - revert your firmware.

PC may allow for a more direct connect and the ability to use a different browser.  Your URL is at 10.0.0.1....perhaps 192.168.1.1  would work better

Message 13 of 18
pablohoney
Luminary

I’ve sent an email directly to Patrick Lo (CEO of Netgear) and Mark Merrill (CTO) regarding this issue and other recent issues regarding buggy firmware in the hope they can get these issues sorted.
Message 14 of 18
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@pablohoney wrote:
I’ve sent an email directly to Patrick Lo (CEO of Netgear) and Mark Merrill (CTO) regarding this issue and other recent issues regarding buggy firmware in the hope they can get these issues sorted.

Good luck

In some sort of defense of NG, they have tried to remedy this situation.  It used to be that ALL firmware updates were pushed automatically.  After many complaints on here, they changed their policy to where the only ones that get pushed automatically now are ones with major revisions.  Still doesn't compensate for poor quality control, but it's a hard nut to crack.  My advice is once your system is stable and working, leave it alone.  Stop downloading the next firmware update manually.  

Message 15 of 18
pablohoney
Luminary

Is it just me with this issue or having no devices being listed and then all of a sudden 5 are showing up?
Message 16 of 18
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@pablohoney wrote:
Is it just me with this issue or having no devices being listed and then all of a sudden 5 are showing up?

No, others have reported the same problem.  

Personally I'm not clear on all the concern to whether devices show up in the UI.  IMHO, if the devices work, that's good enough for me.  

Message 17 of 18
pablohoney
Luminary

I know it’s not a major issue but significantly misleading and one would have thought easy to fix.
Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7